The job you're applying for is not longer accepting applicants; please search our other great opportunities!
Volunteer Experience Manager - Klein, Spring, Conroe, Tomball
- Job Title
- Volunteer Experience Manager - Klein, Spring, Conroe, Tomball
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, TX, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council, a United Way agency is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Volunteer Experience Manager
Summary: The Manager of Volunteer Experience is the primary support to the volunteers in their assigned Communities and Regions and is responsible for analyzing data related to their assigned areas, setting strategy to achieve goals, attending volunteer meetings, developing and implementing a robust mentoring program and assisting in conflict resolution. The Manager of Volunteer Experience is responsible for supporting the work of the Mission Delivery Teams and special assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Analyze membership trends and other available information to in order to plan, develop, promote and implement a comprehensive strategy to develop and retain adult members/volunteers in assigned area.
- Assist in the process of volunteer role planning and development in assigned areas.
- Support volunteers in planning and implementing comprehensive volunteer experience strategies.
- Support and oversee all components of an efficient and effective volunteer onboarding process in assigned areas including screening, volunteer application, training, field support and tracking.
- Coordinate with Mission delivery team members to increase Girl Scout visibility in the community and foster interest in volunteer opportunities.
- Support and attend key volunteer meetings in the community and region throughout the year.
- Support the development and implementation of a robust adult volunteer mentoring program throughout assigned geographic areas.
- Ensure the delivery of role-specific learning opportunities and resources that are delivered in multiple ways that are continuous, fun, and adaptable to different volunteer styles and are effective at preparing volunteers for their roles.
- Assist in the development of strategies and provide leadership, direction and support to special assignments in order to reach Council goals and objectives. Perform all duties and requirements for the success of the assigned project.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate volunteer recognitions and appreciation strategies for assigned area to create a culture of appreciation.
- Provide support to Mission Delivery teams for problem solving and conflict resolution in the community and region.
- Assist with the development of budgets and monitoring of cost centers as needed.
- Partner with staff, volunteers and girls across the council to find, leverage, and share stories about how Girl Scouting changes girl's lives — and how girls change the world.
- Support the cross-functional goals of the assigned mission delivery team.
- Support the development and implementation of council plans to evaluate outcomes and customer satisfaction, and use the findings for continuous improvement in volunteer delivery of the GSLE.
- Develop and execute a written plan for assigned areas to meet council goals and objectives related to retention, training, recognition and support of adult volunteers /members.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Council resources and technologies.
- Support assigned geographic areas and special assignment teams by ensuring high quality marketing and communication of activities and programs through Council resources such as but not limited to the Golden Link, CIN, e-biz, newsletters, resources site, etc. and external community resources as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong marketing skills and speaking skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence volunteers to gain support.
- Valid Texas Driver’s license and Proof of Insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- Bilingual is preferred but not required.