|Job Title||Accounts Payable Specialist and Troop Finance Assistant|
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK|
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma serves 39 counties in western Oklahoma. We are a member of the Council of Girl Scouts of the USA. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover themselves, connect with others and take action to make the world a better place.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Accounts Payable Specialist and Troop Finance Assistant
The Accounts Payable Specialist and Troop Finance Assistant supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma by maintaining the accounts payable, inventory and troop financial process. Using generally accepted accounting practices, the Accounts Payable Specialist and Troop Finance Assistant will process all payables for the organization, including coding, data entry, ensuring proper approval, and completing check runs and maintaining inventory control under the supervision of the Director of Finance. The incumbent will also support the Troop Finance Specialist and the Director of Finance in organizing, administering, and reconciling troop, group and service unit bank accounts from setup through close, while modeling exemplary customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assists the Director of Finance with the month-end and year-end close processes; including account reconciliation and analysis of revenue/expense variances.
· Processes invoices timely.
· Maintains vendor files including 1099 information
· Ensures proper coding, authorization limits and departmental approvals.
· Monitors company credit cards, reviewing expenses for proper authorizations and coding, and reporting any unusual activity to the Director of Finance.
· Investigates and resolves customer/vendor queries
· Completes month end accruals and other journal entries as required
· Works with the Director of Finance to prepare audit schedules
· Collaborates with Accounting & Troop Finance Specialist in organizing all bank, credit card, debit card and online payment accounts for troops, groups and/or service units with designated banks that are accessible to all jurisdictions. Attends interdepartmental meetings regarding troop and CST collaborations and assistance, including troop problems and any financial impact those issues might have on the troop/CST and Council. Under supervisor’s direction, assists with creating, updating and communicating all policies and procedures related to the finance coordination function of troop, group, and/or service unit bank accounts.
· Reconciles various balance sheet accounts (payables, fixed assets, clearing accounts, prepaid and other accounts as assigned)
· Reconciles inventory monthly between the general ledger and the point of sale system in collaboration with the Retail Services Specialist
· Prepares monthly sales tax report, reconciling to the accounting system and point of sale system
· Prepare monthly 403b contributions
· Customer service to internal and external customers, including vendor relations.
· Performs data entry as required
· All other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelors’ Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
· Three to five years of related experience
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Strong data entry skills
· Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Outstanding customer service and people skills
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer:
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.