||Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts - Western Oklahoma is committed to providing quality service to our members and helping all girls improve their decision-making ability, increase their self-esteem, appreciate diversity and individuality and contribute to their community. Our unique all-girl environment affords the perfect setting to help girls achieve all of their goals in life — through specialized programs, activities, community service and mentorship.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and the power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Director of Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE)
The Director, Girl Leadership Experience, directs and oversees all aspects of the council’s program function to ensure the implementation, delivery, and assessment of a nationally consistent leadership development experience for girls residing within the council’s jurisdiction. He or she ensures that all girl experiences incorporate the discover-connect-take action leadership modality and that national curriculum is delivered across all pathways and enriched through the mobilization of local partnerships, resources, and experts to ensure the retention of girls.
The director works in partnership with the Fund Development Department, to ensure assessment of outcomes, funding deliverables and proper management of grant contracts and corporate sponsorship deliverables. The director works collaboratively with key members of the council’s management team, ensuring program implementation supports the council’s market-driven membership strategy and plans.
This individual provides leadership in the implementation and utilization of national program curricula and the development of the annual program plan and schedule that supplements and enriches the national offerings, tailored at a local level. He or she reviews and approves project plans for conformance to program strategy, plan, and schedule; ensures the ongoing monitoring and modification of all program elements to include budgets, schedules, and quality parameters; and serves as the primary program communications conduit to executive leadership and external program partners, providing periodic briefings and status updates.
The Director, Girl Leadership Experience, develops and implements short-term contingency strategies in his or her area of responsibility, escalating decisions to executive leadership, as necessary. In addition, the director supervises multiple program managers and/or specialists.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for council-wide management of all aspects of leadership program delivery. Ensures all program experiences are based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE), customized to meet the needs and interests of girls, are offered in a flexible format, and are implemented to meet designated leadership program outcomes through all pathways.
- Develops and manages appropriate council systems, processes, resources, and infrastructure to support the delivery of leadership and cross-cultural opportunities through series, events, camp and travel offerings.
- Overseas large scale, volunteer led, duplicatable program support to Troop Pathway participants with a strategic focus on guiding the utilization of national curricula and STEM opportunities.
- Engages in membership planning with staff and volunteers, ensures that measurable goals are set and achieved, reaches new populations and increases membership.
- Ensures high quality, sustainable programming is offered to girls in underserved communities such as public housing sites, detention centers and low income schools. Works with staff to conduct outreach, recruit girls and volunteers and provides support to Fund Development to ensure ongoing funding.
- Oversees all program components to include: costs, quality specifications, staff and volunteer recruitment and delivery, risk management, and logistical support for series, events, camp and travel pathways to ensure retention of girls and volunteers.
- Plans and monitors the launch and implementation of all related council-sponsored/endorsed or grant funded activities, manages associated budget(s), measures and assesses outcomes, provides timely reports and assists in the development of marketing strategies.
- Assists with grant program design, delivery and reporting.
- Provides oversight and direction to staff to assemble and work with advisory teams and volunteers to plan and implement program opportunities and activities (such as HAT committee, Gold Award committee, etc.); establishes collaborative working relationships with internal colleagues and external constituencies.
- Creates opportunities for volunteer involvement to support non-troop pathway needs to ensure sustainability and deploy resources wisely. In collaboration with program team and Volunteer Development Dept., creates and manages a plan to identify, engage, recruit, train and manage short-term volunteers.
- Assists with program needs at various activities to ensure adequate staffing and ratios as needed. Provides on-call support during camp season and weekends as needed.
- Apply critical reasoning to decision-making, considering the implications and potential impact on operations of the council.
- Work with Leadership Team and board in the strategic learning process by identifying strategic priorities, establishing strategic goals and objectives, and identifying benchmarks and implementation plans related to program.
- Take steps to manage risk and ensure compliance with applicable policies, such as managing emergency procedures, ensuring appropriate insurance coverage for activities, and maintaining appropriate files for incident reports.
- Supports the infrastructure for membership, volunteerism and program delivery to ensure a solid foundation for growth and sustainability.
- Promotes the value of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to internal and external markets.
- Supervise multiple program managers and/or specialists.
- Coach individuals on how to attain high-performance standards and hold direct reports accountable to SMART goals.
- Mentor others in the organization to promote high-performance, facilitate professional development, and create a leadership pipeline.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent directly related work experience
- Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge of and experience in Girl Scout program and operations
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience and skill in planning, designing, delivering, and evaluating youth program activities for large numbers of diverse participants
- Excellent administrative, organizational, time management, communication, public speaking, and leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member and to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines with overlapping projects
- Ability to motivate volunteers and promote teamwork
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule, including some weekends for events/business
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift and manipulate up to 30 pounds
- Preference may be given to candidates with Bilingual capabilities (Spanish/English)
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Compensation: $42-50K DOE
- Computer literate with word processing and excel skills (i.e. Microsoft Office systems); ability to navigate and use Personify or similar software.
To apply online: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=749974