The job you're applying for is not longer accepting applicants; please search our other great opportunities!
Troop Leadership Executive - Lawton
- Job Title
- Troop Leadership Executive - Lawton
- Job ID
- Lawton, OK 73501
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts - Western Oklahoma is committed to providing quality service to our members and helping all girls improve their decision-making ability, increase their self-esteem, appreciate diversity and individuality and contribute to their community. Our unique all-girl environment affords the perfect setting to help girls achieve all of their goals in life — through specialized programs, activities, community service and mentorship.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and the power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Troop Leadership Executive-Part Time (Lawton)
Responsible for developing and executing the Troop Pathway and the Leadership Program delivery for Girl Scouts Troop Volunteers; and is responsible for all aspects of the council’s retention of volunteer and girl memberships. The incumbent is required to provide leadership and ongoing oversight in the implementation of the council’s volunteer engagement strategy, including training, placement, retention, and supports volunteer recruitment. She/he works collaboratively with other members of the council to ensure integration of all volunteer support systems and services. Individual will provide assistance to recruit, brand, and build community awareness.
She/he develops and manages the appropriate systems, processes, and resources to support the Leadership Program through troop-based activities. Using national curriculum, this position will ensure the program meets the girl’s interest and volunteer’s delivery needs. The incumbent will be responsible for budget preparation, managing volunteers, analyzing outcomes, and assist with marketing strategies. She/he will assemble and work with advisory teams and volunteers to plan and implement troop opportunities and activities; and work collaboratively with other members of the council to ensure integration of all volunteer support systems and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements a program delivery plan focusing on development and retention of girl and adult membership participating in troops.
- Plans and strategizes the delivery of a high-quality, consistent Girl Scout Leadership Experience with the use of volunteers and community assets.
- Ensure all volunteer paperwork is complete and background checks are approved as well as the Finance Department to establish Troop bank accounts before adults are allowed to volunteer.
- Assigns Troop numbers after verifying volunteer has completed all paperwork and training.
- Point of Contact with troops regarding volunteer paperwork, training and mentor program.
- In collaboration with Volunteer Relations, develops volunteer trainings to ensure the successful on-boarding of Troop leaders.
- Provides consistent communication and support to Community Development Executive regarding girl and volunteer recruitment, placement and retention.
- Provides information and interpretation of council and GSUSA’s policies, standards and programs to reinforce the role of Girl Scouting.
- Collaborates with the Community Development Executive to identify the need for conflict resolution and when appropriate provide consultation.
- In collaboration with the Volunteer Development Team, develops strategies and resources to support volunteer delivery of the Troop Pathway.
- Collaborates with the Communication and Marketing Staff to develop and implement promotion and marketing campaigns.
- Researches GSUSA and other resources to keep up-to-date on industry trends and changes.
- Supervise volunteers in the delivery of program to girls and adults.
- Provide mentoring, training and performance feedback in a timely manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required plus (2) years of related work experience
- Competencies include: Leadership, Marketing, Resource Development and Volunteer Relations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organized and detailed-orientated with a proven ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Self-Starter, capable of adapting to any work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including nights and weekends and travel as required
- Valid OK driver’s license, must carry and show proof of 100/300/100 liability coverage on personal vehicle and have continuous use of vehicle
- MS Office
To apply online: http://ejob.bz/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=749971