Option 1: Create a New Profile
Volunteer Management Specialist
- Job Title
- Volunteer Management Specialist
- Job ID
- OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73118-7435
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts - Western Oklahoma is committed to providing quality service to our members and helping all girls improve their decision-making ability, increase their self-esteem, appreciate diversity and individuality and contribute to their community. Our unique all-girl environment affords the perfect setting to help girls achieve all of their goals in life — through specialized programs, activities, community service and mentorship.
We proudly serve 39 counties in western Oklahoma including: Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Carter, Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnston, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, Love, Major, Marshall, McClain, Murray, Oklahoma, Pottawatomie, Roger Mills, Stephens, Tillman, Washita, Woods and Woodward.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
The Volunteer Management Specialist is responsible for implementing all aspects of the council’s volunteer engagement strategy, including screening, assessment, placement and retention of incoming volunteer prospects. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing support for volunteer development and recognition activities. Reviews applications and evaluates work/volunteer history, skills, education, training, interests, and other qualifications vis-à-vis council needs and opportunities. Works to connect the Pathways Department with applicants with skills and interests that match its programming and event needs, and informs applicants of position duties and responsibilities, volunteer schedules, policies, and other pertinent information related to the position. He or she evaluates selection and placement techniques and updates and modifies, as appropriate.
Volunteer Management Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures a smooth process flow in the identification, screening, assessment, and referral of volunteers to the necessary development and placement tracks.
- Serves as liaison among management, staff, and volunteers, monitoring and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of the volunteer processing system and eliminating bottlenecks.
- Makes recommendations regarding short- and long-term volunteerism strategies and acts as the primary liaison with the central volunteer management function.
- Assists in the development of volunteer resources and the implementation of the volunteer management system.
- Actively engaged in Recruitment Activities as needed by providing leadership and guidance to those involved.
- Supports the council by attending Events in the community and making presentations on behalf of the Volunteer Department.
- Coordinates with departments to ensure administrative volunteer needs are indentified and properly staffed.
- Works collaboratively with CES Specialist and Database Specialist to customize and automate the volunteer intake and management process.
- Provides exemplary customer service when answering phones, returning calls, and responding to e-mails.
- Returns voice-mails and/or forwards voice mails to relevant staff/volunteers within 48 hours of receipt.
- Responds to e-mails & forwards correspondence to relevant staff/volunteers within 48 hours of receipt.
- Be knowledgeable of Girl Scouting and Girl Scouts Western Oklahoma, and be able to provide relevant information to customers.
- Be guided in all actions by the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
Displays courtesy and sensitivity; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Meets commitments; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service
Planning & Organization:
Integrates changes smoothly; Plans for additional resources; Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Sets goals and objectives; Uses time efficiently; Works in an organized manner
Use of Technology:
Adapts to new technologies; Demonstrates required skills; Keeps technical skills up to date
Troubleshoots technological problems; Uses technology to increase productivity
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant work experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Clearance of background check and drug screen.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong human relations skills;
- Organized, good multi-tasker
- Knowledge and application of adult education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must be willing to travel council jurisdiction
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as required or needed
- Must be able to work with diverse populations
- Current OK driver’s license, liability insurance and continuous use of a vehicle
- Must carry 100/300/100 liability
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Computer literate with word processing and Excel skills (i.e. Microsoft Office systems); ability to navigate and use Personify database, Donor Perfect or similar software.
SELECTIVE ABILITIES & PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The incumbent must be able to perform the following qualifications in order to be offered and/or maintain employment in this position.
The employee will work in an office environment and in close quarters with other staff and clients. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud; hectic situations can occur characteristic to working with infants, toddlers and parents in need. Exposure to odors such and scents are common.
- Level 1 - Sedentary Work (use of light force to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects), not substantially exposed to adverse environment conditions, work occasional weekends and evenings/nights.
- This position requires the ability remain stationary and to use computer monitor, keyboard and mouse for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to speak and communicate clearly, such as in public speaking engagements.