Why join the Adler School?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler School employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
|Job Title||Payroll Accountant|
JOB TITLE: Payroll Accountant
The Adler School of Professional Psychology, founded in 1952, is the oldest independent school of psychology in North America. The School provides graduate education in psychology and health service delivery with campuses in the heart of downtown Chicago and downtown Vancouver. Program offerings include an APA-accredited clinical psychology program and five Master’s Degree programs at its Chicago location and a Master of Arts in Counseling at its Vancouver location. The Adler School is committed to continuing the pioneering work of the by. As part of its commitment to continue the work of the first community psychologist Alfred Adler, the School graduates socially responsible practitioners, by engages in communities, and by advances social justice.
The Payroll Accountant is primarily responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll, A/P, and some balance sheet reconciliations. Initiative and assistance with ad hoc payroll issues as they arose is expected.
Applicants must have the following competencies:
30% PROCESSING PAYROLL:
20 % ACCOUNT RECONCILIATIONS:
5% DATA MAINTENANCE:
5% SPECIAL PROJECTS:
Assists in automating and improving existing accounting processe
|Required Skills|| Bachelor Degree in Accounting
3-5 years of experience in payroll
Able to identify problems and recommend solutions
Must be a self-starter, as some of the processes have not been fully implemented
Highest level of professionalism and integrity with the ability to handle and manage confidential information. Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships at all levels with confidence.
Demonstrated attention to details
Familiarity with at least one payroll system (preferably UltiPro)
Experience in higher education a plus