Why join Adler University?
- Subsidized group health insurance
- Employer-paid group life, long-term disability and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Employee-paid dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 403(b) savings/retirement plan benefit, with a fully-vested employer matching contribution of up to 5% in the first year. After two years of participation, matching grows by 1% per year, to a limit of 10% employer match.
- $1,500 professional development allowance per fiscal year
- Tuition reimbursement of 50% for coursework related to Adler University employment
- Paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days
Click here to read our recruitment brochure.
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- Chicago, IL 60602
- Other Location
Department: Community Engagement
Job Purpose: The Administrative Assistant for the Department of Community Engagement
will work with Department staff ensure daily office operations are performed to maintain
positive relationships with students, faculty and community partners.
- Function as the first point of contact for requests for information.
- Provide general administrative support such as filing, copying, setting up meetings, planning campus events, responding to phone calls and emails, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain student files and tracking for all department internship programs and assist in the maintenance and upkeep of online intern database
- Track internal and external correspondence for the department and provide information when needed
- Reconcile Visa credit card statements; order and maintain department inventory and supplies
- Support elements of the student internship placement process.
- Work closely with work study students or interns assigned to the Department.
- Other duties as assigned
Universal Core Behaviors:
- Effectively expresses oneself in all oral and written communications.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills.
- Keeps others informed, as well as responds, in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates match between words and actions.
- Responds with tact, diplomacy, respect and composure when dealing with others.
- Promotes the spirit and essence of the School’s Vision, Mission, Values and Key Strategies through
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Cooperates with others toward the achievement of common goals.
- Seeks consensus and win-win solutions to problems and conflicts.
- Contributes actively and participates fully in team initiatives.
- Puts success of the team above own interests.
- Builds and maintains constructive work relationships
Responsive to Change:
- Supports changes in the work environment.
- Displays a proactive, problem-solving approach toward work.
- Committed to life-long learning by continuously increasing skills, knowledge and effectiveness.
- Actively seeks and initiates creative and innovative solutions.
- Exercises sound, accurate and informed independent judgment when needed.
Quality-Driven and Accountable:
- Results-oriented and committed to quality through continuous process improvement.
- Eliminates ineffective activities and closes performance gaps.
- Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
- Monitors own performance, accept responsibility for actions and actively seeks feedback.
- Meets deadlines and completes projects and activities in professional, timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to increase productivity and/or reduce costs while maintaining highest quality standards (fiscally responsible).
Support of Vision, Mission, Values, Key Strategies:
- Supports and models the School’s Values of: social interest, compassion, justice, respect for the individual, honors diversity and difference, intellectual rigor, optimism and collaboration.
- Articulates the School’s Vision, Mission, and Key Strategies in a way to educate others.
- Demonstrates active commitment in advancing the School’s Vision, Mission and Key Strategies.
- Exhibits personal integrity, honesty, zeal and compassion.
- Aligns work processes to advance the School’s strategic plan and key strategies.
- Bachelors degree required; experience in higher education preferred
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and quick thinker
- Must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative and working independently on projects
- Ability to work with diverse groups and populations
- Knowledge about or experience with service learning, community engagement, social justice and/or community partnerships a plus
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet applications
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with database management
- Required Skills
Bachelors degree required; experience in higher education preferred
Superior organizational skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Detail-oriented and quick thinker
Must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative and working independently on projects
Ability to work with diverse groups and populations
Knowledge about or experience with service learning, community engagement, social justice and/or community partnerships a plus
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet applications
Ability to work as part of a team
Experience with database management
Option 2: Create a New Profile