Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, TX, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council, a United Way agency is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Girl Scouts Experience Manager (Outreach) - Beaumont
The Girl Experience Manager - Outreach provides for development and implementation of Council coordinated troops, sites and events through community-based opportunities to achieve the Council's strategies, goals and objectives. The Girl Experience Manager — Outreach makes data driven decisions about the effectiveness of outreach sites, supports the work of Mission Delivery Teams as appropriate and initiates and maintains collaborations with key community partners to ensure the success of outreach programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement Council coordinated troops, series and events through community-based opportunities to achieve the Council's strategies, goals and objectives.
- Develop and deliver Girl Scout program opportunities at assigned sites/areas that are age specific and content appropriate to meet the needs of current and prospective girl members.
- Work with the Development Department team to identify Girl Scouts' best partners to leverage the National Program Portfolio and exceptional regional opportunities for girls with the goals of achieving leadership outcomes.
- Support the cross-functional goals of the assigned mission delivery team.
- Analyze membership trends and other available information to develop and execute a written plan for assigned sites and areas for achieving Council goals and objectives related to program participation and girl retention.
- Develop and maintain collaborations with key community partners and topic experts to offer unique state of the art regional and community opportunities that utilize the national program portfolio, are based on the GSLE, respond to the needs and interests of girls, and support the membership growth plan.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Council resources and technologies.
- Work with Mission Delivery Teams to assist in transitioning girls from Outreach Programs into other pathway opportunities.
- Support the development and implementation of council plans to evaluate girl outcomes and use the findings for continuous improvement in delivery of the GSLE.
- Oversee and process all membership registrations from assigned sites and areas.
- Partner with staff, volunteers and girls across the council to find, leverage, and share stories about how Girl Scouting changes girls' lives — and how girls change the world.
- Assist with the development of budgets and monitoring of cost centers as needed.
- Recruit, place, orient, train and supervise part-time/seasonal staff.
- Strengthen delivery of program opportunities at the community, region and Council-wide levels through ensuring integration of the National Program Portfolio, the three keys and three processes.
- Develop programmatic templates for implementation in assigned sites and areas that align to the GSLE outcomes and can be leveraged for use by volunteers across the Council's jurisdiction.
- Facilitate Product Sales in Outreach programs as appropriate.
- Compile data and generate reports as appropriate for assigned sites and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to write speeches and articles for publication in the prescribed style and format
- Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Valid Texas Driver’s license and Proof of Insurance.