Lead DispatcherDispatching Independent Contractors to doctor’s offices, hospitals, medical facilities, business establishments and private homes for pickup and delivery of specimens, tissues, organs, medicines, documents, packages and other items. Company operates 24/7.
Essential Duties Include:
- Dispatch via digital radio to minimum 40+ fleet of drivers to ensure work and job orders are dispatched, picked up and delivered on time.
- Responsible for resolving work, job deliveries, and maintaining an on time percentage rate of 97% or higher.
- Receive check-in calls from Independent Contractors (IC) by radio, telephone, or in person.
- Assign, track, update and clear deliveries/jobs on computer system.
- Informs workers of type and location of work performed and dispatches drivers (IC) to the job.
- Must be able to dispatch minimum 400+ deliveries in a 8 to 10 hour work day.
- Serves as backup to others within the call center, i.e. resolver, capture.
- Prepares schedules for all dispatchers and resolvers for a 24/7 operations.
- Prepares schedules for on call independent contractors – 24/7 operations.
- Literacy in computers and related dispatch software programs a must. A bonus if applicant knows company operating software – e-courier.
- Issues written and oral instructions to supervisory and dispatch staff.
- Works with Corporate management in identifying and resolving work issues.
- Directly supervises the daily dispatch area.
- Manages department staff consisting of dispatchers, and resolvers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; and performance appraisals within the dispatch area.
- Two year certificate from college or technical school and 5 to 6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has a Sense of urgency
- Ability and desire to meet set deadlines.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Can verbally give directions.
- Can dispatch to 40+ drivers without difficulty.
- Can multi-task – perform many functions at one time.
- Can work at a fast pace.
- High Energy
- Customer Focused