- Job Title
- Development Specialist
- Job ID
- OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73118
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts - Western Oklahoma is committed to providing quality service to our members and helping all girls improve their decision-making ability, increase their self-esteem, appreciate diversity and individuality and contribute to their community. Our unique all-girl environment affords the perfect setting to help girls achieve all of their goals in life — through specialized programs, activities, community service and mentorship.
We proudly serve 39 counties in western Oklahoma including: Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Carter, Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnston, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, Love, Major, Marshall, McClain, Murray, Oklahoma, Pottawatomie, Roger Mills, Stephens, Tillman, Washita, Woods and Woodward.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and the power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
We are seeking a detail-oriented administrator to provide professional support to staff, volunteers and partners of GS-West to advance the fundraising goals of the council. You will be primarily responsible for administrative support to staff and volunteers who develop relationships in the community that lead to the realization of public support and growth in organizational capacity.
- Provide timely and accurate donor acknowledgement and pledge reminders
- Maintenance and enhancement of development recordkeeping system, both computerized donor database software and hard copy files, to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation and donor recognition
- Assure integrity of data and records, audit data entry for errors or incorrect codes
- Provide staff training and support in database software to ensure processes and policies are maintained
- Serve as the liaison with the Finance Department to ensure accuracy of gift/donation records and coding
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the development team to ensure effective cultivation, solicitation and donor recognition
- Coordinate Girl Scout member money earning activities
- Provide support and implementation of e-giving and e-campaigns
- Provide support as needed to fundraising activities including campaign, special events, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Provide professional and high quality customer service to donors, members, volunteers, staff and other community contacts
- Ensure diversity and pluralism are embraced and incorporated into the work of the council
This motivated team player will possess the following experience, abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years in related area
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, development, or public relations
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to customer service
- Strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Technologically savvy in handling administrative practices
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect or compatible donor management software preferred
- Strong verbal and listening skills
- Must carry liability insurance
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer:
- Competitive pay, depending on experience
- Continuous training
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- High energy, professional work environment