Director of Information Technology
- Job Title
- Director of Information Technology
- Job ID
- KANSAS CITY, MO 64114-2027
- Other Location
PKD Foundation Job Description
Title: Director of Information Technology
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
The Director of Information Technology will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the Foundation, working closely with the executive team to assess technology needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading Foundation-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and supervises database employees. Other principal working relationships include the executive staff, all system users, IT vendors and consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, software applications, telephones and peripherals.
- Establish IT goals, objectives and operating procedures.
- Assist executive team in identifying systems solutions to business and operational problems.
- Consult as necessary with the executive team to assure that IT projects support strategic goals.
- Work with executive team to develop strategies and plans to improve user effectiveness and foster innovation.
- Create analytical reports to assist the executive team in assessing results and enhancing the value and use of data.
- Ensure the recoverability, integrity, security, availability and maximum performance of all IT systems.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the Foundation, including management of database employees.
- Plan and execute the full implementation of the database system, optimizing use of its functionalities to support and develop fundraising and constituent relations goals.
- Act as a liaison between Foundation departments and IT.
- Oversee systems development and enhancement, and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Work with marketing department to optimize and fully leverage digital channels to increase online engagement. Provide guidance on the use of technology for marketing and communications.
- Play an important role in the stewardship of existing donors and efforts to identify and cultivate new prospects in order to maximize fundraising potential.
- Recommend and monitor IT solutions that support the prospect research process.
- Act as an advocate for the Foundation’s IT vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Develop and implement end user training programs.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, in order to recommend changes and enhancements to the Foundation’s IT systems that will directly benefit end users and Foundation operations and marketing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in MIS, Computer Science or a related technical field (or comparable experience)
- 5-7 years of Information Systems Management experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Advanced experience with a variety of relational databases (value added if proficient in use of Blackbaud products)
- Advanced experience in digital management and online platforms.
- Familiarity in working with DNS records/settings and backend web configurations.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strong teaching and coaching skills.
- Must be able to handle a variety of duties at one time.
- Must be articulate and an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Must be an energetic self-starter capable of working independently and comfortable working with a diverse group of managers and executives.
- Must be able to gain efficiencies and save costs by employing quality and active management strategies.
- Displays teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate on all levels (entry-level through executive).
- Strong consensus building skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically, including business needs analysis.
- Ability to understand routine and complex reports and documentation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and security of constituent data.
- Ability to work with others while driving projects independently.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation (commensurate with experience) in addition to an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off – 20 days
- Medical, dental and vision benefits – 100% employee coverage, 2/3 dependent coverage
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 403(b) 7.5% of salary, no match required
- Future growth opportunities within the company
- In addition, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to forward their resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax your information to: 816-268-8497. Please reference "Director of Information Technology" in the subject line.