The job you're applying for is not longer accepting applicants; please search our other great opportunities!
Certified Medical Assistant
- Job Title
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Job ID
- Cottonwood, AZ 86326
- Other Location
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant for our team. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Under the direction of the Office Coordinator, the Certified Medical Assistant will be responsible for performing general medical assistant functions in support of the care and treatment of patients while providing assistance to all office personnel as needed.
- Perform patient care activities, which includes both frong and back office check-in, check-out, prescription refills, anemia management, transplant, hospital follow-up, procedure scheduling and patient education
- Notify Physicians of changes in patient's clinical status and/or abnormal test results in a timely manner
- Interview patients, measure vital signs including pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height, review patient's medication list and record information in patient’s charts
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff and outside vendors.
- At least 2 years front and back office experience preferred.
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive and cooperative teamwork environment, as well as support our Company's Corporate Mission, Core Values and Vision required.
- Ability to prioritize and use diplomacy skills coupled with the ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 20 pounds essential.
- Ability to use a stethoscope, computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax and copier.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.