Community Development Executive
- Job Title
- Community Development Executive
- Job ID
- Lawton, OK 73505
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions, but united by a common purpose.Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Girl Scouts - Western Oklahoma is committed to providing quality service to our members and helping all girls improve their decision-making ability, increase their self-esteem, appreciate diversity and individuality and contribute to their community. Our unique all-girl environment affords the perfect setting to help girls achieve all of their goals in life — through specialized programs, activities, community service and mentorship.
We proudly serve 39 counties in western Oklahoma including: Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Carter, Cleveland, Comanche, Cotton, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Garfield, Garvin, Grady, Grant, Greer, Harmon, Harper, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnston, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Lincoln, Logan, Love, Major, Marshall, McClain, Murray, Oklahoma, Pottawatomie, Roger Mills, Stephens, Tillman, Washita, Woods and Woodward.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Community Development Executive, Lawton
As a dedicated and entrepreneurial leader, we will rely on you to develop and execute strategies to build the capacity of Girl Scouts — Western Oklahoma to support the Girl Scout program within the community, as well as create community partnerships that provide support to facilitate the Girl Scout program including but not limited to girl/adult members, program collaborations, and financial support. You will also recruit, brand, and build community awareness in assigned geographic areas and be a direct representative of the Girl Scouts —Western Oklahoma to the community, volunteers and membership. Skills in effective communication, and the ability to encourage and implement the goals of Girl Scouts of Western Oklahoma, are imperative. You will be the direct Council liaison in an assigned area attending required meetings and functions on behalf of the Council. Additionally, you will develop and implement plans for membership growth, community support, and branding efforts through your work and the work of volunteers. You will represent and extend Girl Scouting in the community through presentations, recruiting events, marketing, collaborative efforts, and donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Administer independent discretion and judgment with respect to matters of significance affecting the resource development activities across assigned areas.
- Research market data and other pertinent information to become knowledgeable about external community needs and possibilities for girl recruitment in the assigned geographic area.
- Develop, retain and increase girl and adult membership in the assigned area of the council.
- Participate in developing and implementing plans for membership extension through the work of administrative volunteers; extend Girl Scouting in the community through presentations and networking.
- Assist in developing a proactive recruitment and retention strategy to increase adult volunteers who reflect the diversity of the area served.
- Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to community groups, organizations, and other constituencies within the council's jurisdiction.
- Assist in planning, designing, and implementing innovative approaches to ensure the effective delivery of membership services; determine room for additional support by assessing community needs.
- Participate in the development of new, sustainable, community-based programs and resources.
- Raise public awareness in the community on issues related to girls.
- Network to build contacts, collaborations, and fund-raising in the community.
- Assist in the cultivation of community organizations to identify funding and volunteer recruitment opportunities, research community resources, identify possible program and service opportunities, and promote the image of Girl Scouting as a benefit to the community.
This motivated team player will possess the following experience, abilities and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years experience working in fund development or volunteer relations.
- Professional human relations skills.
- Self-starter with ability to manage time, work independently, and handle multiple priorities and to work as part of a team.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully handle conflict resolution.
- Proficient computer literacy.
- Skill in recruiting, managing and motivating volunteers, including successful and appropriate delegation.
- Valid Oklahoma driver’s license and auto liability insurance of 100/300/100 are mandatory.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Word and Excel); ability to navigate and use Personify database or similar software.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer:
- Competitive pay, depending on experience.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.