Option 1: Create a New Profile
Membership Manager- Lufkin
- Job Title
- Membership Manager- Lufkin
- Job ID
- Lufkin, TX
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals—each with their own unique skills and passions,but united by a common purpose.Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!
Founded in 1922 and located in Houston, TX, the Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a community-based organization dedicated to building girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. We have more than 65,000 girl members and 17,000 adult members serving 26 counties in Southeast Texas, including: Angelina, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Hardin, Harris, Houston, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Nacogdoches, Newton, Orange, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Shelby, Trinity, Tyler, Walker, Waller and Wharton.
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world's preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of more than 3.5 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, GSUSA helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, while also teaching them critical life skills that will enable them to succeed as adults. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.
We are seeking career professionals committed to making a difference. Working with the Girl Scouts—an organization with a solid history and a growing future—means working to your full potential in a dynamic and diverse environment.
Membership Manager- Lufkin, TX
The Membership Manager provides staff leadership and services in assigned geographical areas for development and implementation of direct services to assigned areas, service units, adult volunteers and girls within the framework established by GSUSA, GSSJC and the Operating Plan. Provide advisory and technical support to Council programs, activities, committees and task forces as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Represent the Council in interpreting and ensuring compliance with the GSUSA policies, standards and guidelines, GSSJC policies and operational procedures, governmental and affiliated organizations’ regulations and standards.
Recruitment and Retention Within Assigned Areas/Service Units
- Assist service units to plan, develop, promote and implement recruitment and retention strategies and processes to ensure attainment of the Council membership goal.
- Meet with service unit administrators regularly to ensure the work of the service unit is conducted effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of all girls, adult volunteers, parents and community collaborators.
- Monitor all service unit administrative functions to ensure they are completed in a timely manner, e.g. membership registration, finances, volunteer placement, information dissemination.
- Facilitate girl program delivery and adult trainings as needed.
- Monitor and provide support for problem solving and conflict resolution in a timely manner.
- Promote and assist with Council programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors.
- Seek opportunities and keep in contact with community organizations, agencies and leaders, educators and faith-based institutions to increase awareness of and participation in Girl Scouting.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities to provide the innovation and leadership required for success of the assigned project.
- Complete all administrative duties in a professional and timely manner as needed to meet the requirements of the Council, the department, the team and the specifics of the position held.
- Embrace and promote pluralism as an integral part of every activity and plan of Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council.
- Maintain Girl Scout uniform.
- Maintain GSUSA membership.
- Complete other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-5 years previous experience in field delivery systems.
- Knowledge of Girl Scouts program, and budget development.
- Demonstrated success in dealing with a variety of people, ideas and situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strategic thinker, highly organized and detail oriented with a collaborative work style.
- Membership in Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.
- Valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance and access to personal transportation on a daily basis.
- Bilingual; proficient in English and Spanish highly desirable.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Continuous training
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- High energy, professional work environment
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council is a pluralistic movement, committed to understanding our similarities and differences, building relationships and promoting a dialogue of acceptance and respect. Each individual involved must uphold the tenet that Girl Scouting is for all girls.