Compliance Officer/Assistant Vice President
- Job Title
- Compliance Officer/Assistant Vice President
- Job ID
- New Orleans, LA 70127
- Other Location
Liberty Bank and Trust provides cost effective delivery of high-quality, innovative, customer-driven products and services to diverse markets with a focus on disadvantaged minority communities who traditionally have been underserved. Concurrent with the Bank's mission, we strive to maintain the Company's status as a catalyst for economic and community developments while generating a fair return to shareholders and being an excellent corporate citizen.
Compliance Officer/Assistant Vice President
In this analytical banking position, the individual in this role, will be responsible for BSA/AML compliance, state and federal compliance to laws and regulations within systems and operating processes and you will establish quality control monitoring systems to ensure that established controls and efficiencies are operating effectively for BSA/AML functions.
· Maintains a working knowledge of state and federal banking laws and regulations for BSA/AML purposes.
· Stays current with changes in state and federal banking laws and regulations.
· Analyzes effect of changes to determine action necessary for bank to be in compliance.
· Informs affected areas of what must be done to implement new/changed laws and regulations and assists with implementation.
· Reviews existing bank policies and procedures for compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
· Makes recommendations to correct any non-compliance items and assists management in implementation of recommended changes.
· Assists in the research of compliance questions from bank personnel related to BSA/AML.
· Develops and implements a training program to assure Bank’s compliance with related state and federal laws and regulations.
· Reviews all marketing materials and bank brochures for compliance issues.
· Attends Compliance Committee meetings.
· Prepares and delivers reports on status of compliance for the Audit Committee on a quarterly basis with a quarterly report to the Board of Directors.
· Develops a working knowledge of software applications to assist in the completion of the BSA/AML functions and monitors effectiveness of software modifications related to processes and procedure changes.
· Provides support for implementation of new software purchases for BSA/AML Program.
· Acts as the focal point for the official announcing of compliance policies and procedures as they relate to existing and future regulations relating to the Bank and its affiliates.
· Maintains an awareness of legal and regulatory developments. This involves participation in trade associations and contact with regulators.
· Communicates with Bank staff and affiliates compliance policies and procedures applicable to each entity.
· Coordinates responses to Examination Report exceptions of the appropriate bank regulatory agency as it may apply to the Bank for review by the appropriate personnel.
· Conducts periodic department compliance reviews to assess compliance with laws and regulations.
· Assesses the effectiveness of the BSA/AML Compliance Program via compliance reviews and reports to Senior Management on a periodic basis.
· Documents compliance activities via work papers, schedules, and other written communication.
· Assembles and maintains compliance reference material.
· Track record of success and in depth knowledge of regulatory Federal and State requirements for banking.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Legal related field. Master’s degree in Business preferred.
· 2-3 years previous bank experience, particularly in the compliance functions; 5 years of Banking Compliance experience preferred.
· Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills are a must.
· Exceptional knowledge of banking policies coupled with the ability to research.
· Ability to function and manage as official BSA/OFAC Officer, Privacy Officer and Community Act Officer if necessary.
· Certification in Banking compliance and BSA is preferred.
· Working knowledge of banking related state and federal laws and regulations preferred.
· Prior experience in technical research required.
· Previous accounting experience a plus.
· Ability to complete or have completed the Sheshunoff BSA Officer Certification Program covering the following areas at a minimum:
o Money Laundering Techniques
o Money Service Businesses
o Currency Transaction Reporting
o OFAC – 314a Compliance
o Risk Assessment
o Suspicious Activity Reporting
o Penalties for Non-compliance
o Recordkeeping Requirements
o Establishing a Compliance Program
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary, commensurate with experience and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.