Project Specialist (Part-Time)
- Job Title
- Project Specialist (Part-Time)
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking an individual to serve as our Project Specialist. This is a Part-Time (20-24 hours per week) position. The Project Specialist for Strategy and Business Development provides support to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives on all project-related matters including but not limited to project management and coordination, project progress tracking and reporting. The Project Specialist supports the department by developing, implementing, and maintaining project management tools and processes. The Project Specialist interacts with a diverse group of internal staff at all levels of the organization.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Project Management and Coordination
- Develop and execute small- to mid-size project plans;
- Assist with the development and execution of larger/complex project plans;
- Research, recommend upgrading of existing and/or develop new project management tools and processes;
- Assist in troubleshooting potential and/or current project-related problems;
- Provide subject matter expertise and assistance to department head;
- Develop and maintain project tracking and reporting mechanisms and processes;
- Provide project reporting based on stakeholder (i.e., internal/external partners) needs and requests;
- Respond to inquiries about projects;
- Facilitate various project planning and review meetings for assigned projects;
- Establish and maintain liaison, as required, with project team, stakeholders and across the organization;
- Support departmental plans, goals, objectives, policies and procedures;
- Share project management best practices and recommend tools, resources and/or processes;
- Schedule and coordinate logistics (i.e., preparing materials/handouts, securing meeting rooms/venues, setting up room, ordering food) for activities such as meetings, conferences, project events and department activities (i.e., team meetings);
- Type and design general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs; proofread documents for spelling, grammar and layout, and make appropriate changes;
- Record, type and distribute meeting minutes;
- Make photocopies, scan, file, and mail; and perform other clerical functions.
Strategic Plan Support
- Assist the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives with the preparation of reports and dashboards (i.e., lists of plan goals and department goals, reports for staff and board);
- Assist with updating and maintaining the online strategic planning data platform/tools;
- Coordinate and schedule strategic planning data platform/tools trainings;
- Coordinate and schedule logistics (i.e., preparing materials/handouts, securing meeting rooms/venues, ordering food) for strategic planning meetings.
Business Development Support
- Provide support for business development and initiatives;
- Assist with developing new lines of business; research new models for the development of new lines of business;
- Research project feasibility and support the development of project scope and proposals;
- Assist with the development of research and marketing materials.
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Social Services, Public Health, or related field AND 1 or more years of related work experience
OR 4 or more years of related work experience
PLUS 1 year of experience working with Basic Excel, Word and PowerPoint
2 or more years’ experience managing small to mid-size projects
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Solid ability to prioritize, plan, and coordinate work activities, and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished efficiently, in addition to having strong time management skills.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to make reasoned judgments that are logical and well thought out.
Also, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work across organizational and functional boundaries to achieve Agency goals are key to success in this role.
Please reference position code SBD PS 401
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.