Senior Business Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Business Analyst
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst position is responsible for evaluating opportunities and executing strategies in support of strategic growth and continuous improvement initiatives for Fortress Building Products (FBP). The Senior Business Analyst reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will assist in leading initiatives across Fortress Building Products (FBP) as well as within individual Business Units (BU’s) and Shared Service functions. This position works closely with the Executive team (CEO, COO and CFO, Business Unit GM’s) as well as functional leaders in Corporate Shared Services.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Planning & Decision Support
- Support the planning, execution and continuous improvement of the enterprise-wide corporate annual and long-range strategic planning and execution to create business value.
- Analyze and synthesize plans and results across multiple business functions (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Mfg, Supply Chain, Innovations, etc.) to identify and explain business drivers at the functional level in support of consolidated recommendations and presentations.
- Support corporate strategic planning, scenario analysis and other business planning and analysis needs related to development of business cases for major enterprise initiatives.
- Assist the Business leadership and staff in providing information clarity, analysis and insights to support key business decisions related to major investments and/or changes in financial, operational or strategic direction (e.g. strategic funding requests, capital needs, growth/exit of lines of business, etc.).
- Assist in the development and execution of any cross-business unit and platform P&L strategies and initiatives.
Operational & Financial Performance Reporting, Monitoring, and Improvement
- Assist in the monitoring of the financial, operational and strategic performance of the business units; follow-up on unusual trends and variance to expectations.
- Continually evaluate, challenge, improve efficiency and financial transparency, and add value to the organization.
- Conduct routine and ad hoc management reporting and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual key performance indicators and business drivers for presentation to Executive management.
- Assist the Executive Leadership team in actions to drive improved financial, operational and strategic performance.
- Lead continuous improvement opportunities to operational efficiency, cost structures and processes.
Monthly Forecasting, Planning, & Analysis
- Assess the adequacy of, and provide the appropriate direction on, BU forecasts and expense management processes.
- Analyze and bridge PY vs. CY, Budget vs. CY, expense variances for areas of responsibility.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS / BA in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field – CFA, CPA or MBA preferred
- Bring 2 - 4 years of relevant accounting, finance and/or FP&A corporate professional experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Proven experience in positions requiring a solid understanding and practical application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience in sourcing and off-shore logistics a plus.
- Experience in manufacturing and distributions environments a plus
- Critical Competencies include:
- Well-rounded finance/business professional who can architect, analyze and communicate financial information effectively
- Humble, patient, and graceful attitude
- Excellent attention to detail; highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passionately analytical and curious with strong out-of-the-box thinking
- Self-motivated and proactive; demonstrated drive for success and passion for growth and development
- High level of competence and proficiency in financial analysis; business analysis; planning; and financial, business and/or statistical modeling
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written professional communication skills; ability to filter and cater information to a variety of audiences
- High level of professional excellence characterized by sound judgment skills, and drive for results (while still considering the cost vs. benefit dynamic)
- Demonstrated team orientation
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Proven comfort with large data sets and the tools to manage large data sets
- Have an eye for continuous improvement opportunities
- Software skills:
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Experience with ERP system preferred, not mandatory
The ideal candidate must demonstrate that they can effectively:
- Problem solve quickly and anticipate needs
- Communicate well and comprehensively with a variety of people
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the business
- Work collaboratively with different departments and functions