Grants and Contracts Manager
- Job Title
- Grants and Contracts Manager
- Chicago, IL 60606
- Other Location
The AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking for an individual to serve as our Grants and Contracts Manager. The Grants and Contracts Manager is responsible for contract management and accounting duties, including processing subcontractor reimbursement requests, monitoring agency expenditures, developing budgets and budget projections, creating related spreadsheets and reports, invoicing and vouchering, check processing and distribution.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Grants and Contracts Management
- Provide comprehensive fiscal, regulatory and administrative management of assigned grants and contracts portfolio;
- Prepare grant and subrecipient budgets and budget revisions in collaboration with relevant program staff;
- Complete budget submission process (i.e., completion of budget forms, entering budgets in online systems);
- Prepare monthly vouchers and accounting and services’ worksheets;
- Monitor grant expenditures, maintain records of use of funds, conduct quarterly expenditure review meetings;
- Complete funder-required financial reports;
- Comply with existing laws, government regulations, and terms and conditions of awards;
- Stay abreast of reporting requirements and complete required reports;
- Collaborate with program leads to schedule programmatic site visits;
- Collect and upload required documentation into grants and contracts database;
- Respond to requests from partner agency finance and contract directors to discuss matters related to the subcontract agreements;
- Attend required funder meetings;
- Participate in Programs departmental fiscal reviews as well as housing contract meetings;
- Prepare for and participate in fiscal site visits at AFC conducted by AFC’s funders;
- Prepare and distribute subrecipient agreements and amendments;
- Lead fiscal monitoring of subrecipients;
- Review and audit subrecipient reimbursement requests; providing technical assistance as needed;
- Act as lead in conducting subrecipient agency fiscal site visits, as required, to monitor compliance with fiscal and administrative contractor requirements;
- Provide oversight of the organization’s annual audit confirmation letters to subrecipients;
- Ensure completion of audit confirmation letters from and to subrecipients;
- Accounts payable processing and distribution for Housing assistance and landlord checks for AFC and Center for Housing & Health;
- Complete grant and contract close-out, extension or renewal;
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of all 1099 Forms for AFC and the Center for Housing & Health.
- Assist the Director of Grants and Contracts on other department-related matters as needed;
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
- Maintain and update job knowledge by participating in training and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations;
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field AND 2 or more years accounting or grants management experience
PLUS Intermediate to advanced-level skill using Excel
PLUS demonstrated proficiency with accounting software
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience with managing grants and contracts at a not-for-profit organization
Advanced-level skill using Excel
2 or more years’ experience conducting financial analyses utilizing Excel and Access
Knowledge of or experience with Financial Edge
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with mangers, supervisors, staff, co-workers, partner agencies, and vendors.
Strong attention to detail skill and able to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers.
Knowledge of supervisory methods and practices, and the ability to provide supervision to others. This includes the ability to set challenging goals, track progress toward them, solve performance problems, and demonstrate urgency and drive towards achieving them.
Knowledge of financial software suite packages used to manage organizational finance, grant and accounting data. This includes the ability to run reports, create and input budgets, and create ad-hoc queries.
Ability to use various Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel in order to perform job duties such as creating spreadsheets and responding to e-mail.
Please reference position code FIN GCM 308
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.