Associate Product Manager
- Job Title
- Associate Product Manager
- Job ID
- Garland, TX 75040
- Other Location
Associate Product Manager
The Associate Product Manager is a dynamic position responsible for building and sustaining strong product categories, meeting market demands and ensuring long-term financial success for the assigned product categories. In addition to working closely with the Product Manager, this role will engage directly with multiple departments including: sales, marketing, supply chain, accounting, manufacturing, inventory management, product innovations and executive management on a variety of initiatives.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for contributing to the overall growth and success of the Fence division.
- Directly support Product Manager with developing new products and maintaining existing product lines.
- Proactively work with the sales team to obtain pertinent market information that defines activities for driving incremental sales of existing product categories while providing direction for new product development.
- Collaborate with Fence team to schedule, coordinate and execute product training internally for employees and externally with prospective customers and existing customer base.
- Work with Product Managers in developing and maintaining a dynamic database which will include competitor information, market conditions and trends, as well as customer metrics.
- Support Product Managers and Innovations team with product testing and conclusion review for next steps in New Product Development.
- Manage Fence participation in local, regional and national trade shows. This includes development of booth layout, product display creation or modification and inventory of support items such as hand samples and literature.
- Develop a practical understanding of Fortress price structures for managing customer pricing, internally and externally.
- Provide support to Product Manager with part number maintenance by managing part numbers, UPC codes and label database.
- Responsible for cataloging Fence product samples as well as competitor product samples.
- Support Product Manager with creating and formatting reports for team meetings, field sales representatives, distributors and the Executive Management Team.
- Provide a weekly report to General Manager
- Work trade shows as applicable
- Other responsibilities as relevant to position and assigned by manager
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing, MBA preferred
- Minimum 1 - 3 years of relevant experience in the fence, construction or building materials industry
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Ability to manage and execute projects on time a must
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Driven personality with a “winning” attitude
- Must be a team player with dedication to Fortress Fence Products’ success
- Travel required for product training and trade shows. Overnight travel would be 10%.
- Technical / Mechanical skills a must
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office – specifically Microsoft Excel
- Great Plains and Adobe Illustrator experience a plus
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus