Area Specifications Manager
- Job Title
- Area Specifications Manager
- Job ID
- Charlotte, NC
- Other Location
Area Specifications Manager
Fortress Building Products Solutions is seeking an Area Specifications Manager who will drive specifications with the AEC community and public agencies within the assigned region. This role will be responsible identifying, securing, and closing specification opportunities in targeted markets while engaging and growing relationships with current and future customers through presentations, training seminars, and technical consultations. The Area Specifications Manager will serve as a market resource and technical product expert, providing ongoing promotion of Fortress Building Products’ full product portfolio to key decision makers, educating them on multi-item architectural “solutions” for their project needs, and influencing the increased specification of our products.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visit with AEC community and public agencies educating and promoting all FBP business units. Drive specifications from architects and other design and engineering professionals through AIA Continuing Education (CE) course presentations and sharing FBP marketing resources.
- Work with Estimators by sharing and requesting project leads and AEC community contact information. Assist Estimators and Territory Managers in the development of case studies.
- Support efforts of Territory Managers and other Area Specifications Managers by sharing project leads and assist with planning, attending, and follow up after area trade shows.
- Become the product technical expert for the regional team across all FBP business units.
- Participate in area trade groups, organizations, and associations to build relationships with the AEC community.
- Manage AEC Daily CE program for assigned region: scheduling, attendee entry, delivery of Certificates of Completion, and report to AIA for self and Independent Reps in assigned region.
- Train area Territory Managers and Independent Reps new to CE course(s). Oversee Independent Reps giving FBP courses to verify adherence to CE SOP and assure exclusive promotion of FBP.
- Upon delegation, plan, attend, and follow up after national industry shows, expos, and exclusive builder events in assigned region.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a professional design field (Architecture, Landscape Architecture), engineering, marketing, business, or technical field
- 5+ years of specification sales experience in the building materials industry with a proven track record of profitable specification growth, specifications writing skills a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Professional presentation skills and confidence speaking to large groups educated on the subject matter
- Exhibits a strong team mentality and spirit of cooperation
- Self-motivated, high energy, and able to work independently in a home office environment with little to no supervision
- Technical aptitude with the ability to read and interpret architectural documents and make technical recommendations
- Proficient in data analytics, market research, and forecasting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight up to 40% of the time
- Professional demeanor and appearance a must