- Job Title
- Legal Assistant
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
McShane & Bowie P.L.C. has been proudly representing real estate, banking, corporate and individual clients since the 1950s. As a mid-sized business firm in Grand Rapids, MI, we specialize in providing our clients with personalized service and results from within our own community and across the nation.
Working under the direction of several attorneys, we are seeking an experienced and adaptable Legal Assistant to work closely with our corporate, banking, aviation and labor & employment teams.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- An engaging Legal Assistant with experience providing dedicated support to busy Partner level attorneys. Some litigation experience strongly preferred.
- A driven, versatile, and flexible self-starter who can anticipate needs and see around corners while serving others. We’re looking for someone who can thrive in our fast-paced, client-focused environment.
- A candidate who embraces technology. Excellent PC and typing skills with highly advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Excel. Experience e-filing in state or federal courts is also required.
- A highly-organized project manager. Attention to the fine details is key for success in this role.
- A polished and well-spoken professional with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Excellent professional written communication experience is also required for effectively managing the flow of communication with attorneys, clients and third parties.
Here’s what we’re offering:
- A reduced schedule. Had enough of those 40 and 50 hour work schedules? Our work weeks are 37.5 hours.
- The opportunity to work with a driven, professional team with a solid history who is committed to excellence, our community and our clients.
- Challenge and variety. Exposure to new opportunities for change and improvement will provide you with the ability to solve a wide-variety of problems.
- An attractive office in the heart of beautiful downtown Grand Rapids, conveniently located near restaurants, shopping and events.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package which currently includes health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick time, flexible spending account, 401(k) with firm match, profit sharing plan, paid holidays, and free fitness center. These benefits are subject to terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
McShane & Bowie, P.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer