- Job Title
- Program Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Hello West Michigan is seeking a Program Manager to join our team. We are an employer driven organization that sits at the intersection between lifestyle and career in West Michigan. Our organization promotes the region to attract new residents, educates people about the West Michigan lifestyle, and connects people to companies and communities. And now we’re looking for some new talent ourselves.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Organize and deliver the Candidate Connections program, which includes handling candidate inquiries, managing information exchange between volunteers, responding to email referrals, collaborating with interns on candidate processing, assembling weekly resume packets, communicating with local hiring organizations and conducting candidate follow ups.
- Facilitate member orientation and training programs.
- Create programs and events for member companies and candidates to achieve mutually beneficial results for all involved parties. This includes event planning, content development, event day production, event marketing, and all communication.
- Oversee intern program, including recruiting and training. The mission of the intern program is to create a high-level learning experience for the interns, while adding value to the Hello West Michigan organization.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to maximize membership renewal and development efforts.
- Manage communication with the Board of Directors, which includes scheduling meetings, taking minutes, communicating action steps and providing updates and reports on the state of the program
- Assist in the production of marketing and communication collateral – designing print pieces, social media postings, drafting eNewsletters, and crafting presentations.
- Represent Hello West Michigan at various speaking engagements
- Support the overall mission, vision and goals of Hello West Michigan through action and intent.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related position
- Acts with personal, professional, and behavioral integrity
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present with impact
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and support multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently, manage time and tasks well, and problem solve effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of planning, organizing, delegating, directing and controlling work tasks
- Prior digital marketing experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
What we offer:
- The opportunity to collaborate with community and business leaders.
- Working in a business/office environment with opportunities to explore the communities that make up our 13 county region.
- Shaping programs and seeing your contributions and efforts in final outcomes.
- An environment to creatively ideate on challenges that have no prescribed solutions.
- An opportunity to grow professionally, including your network, skills, communication, and leadership.
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including generous vacation, 401(k) retirement, health, and life insurance.