Contact Center Agent
- Job Title
- Contact Center Agent
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
HealthBridge is an innovative company that unites all parties with a stake in healthcare payment. We are an employee benefit plan sold to employers to help their employees pay for and manage their out-of-pocket costs. We pay the provider immediately and work with the employee on various repayment options. This solution makes care more affordable, reduces the complexity of repayment, enhances the patient experience and is a powerful tool in addressing care avoidance. It's a win for all involved- payers, providers, employers and employees.
HeathBridge is committed to an exceptional customer experience for the people we serve. Healthcare can be overwhelming, so our customer service representatives will be required to explain and answer questions about healthcare bills and provide repayment options in order to overcome the two reasons most people don't pay their healthcare bills- they don't understand it, and they don't have the finances.
Here’s who we’re looking for and how you’ll make a difference:
Reporting to the Contact Center Manager, Contact Center Agents are responsible for receiving and addressing inbound employer, member and provider phone calls to effectively and efficiently address the needs of those individuals, while also initiating outbound calls when necessary. In this exciting role, you will:
- Showcase your proven customer service abilities to create impactful and positive phone exchanges with those we serve. With a high school diploma (or equivalent) and at least 1-2 years of customer service/hospitality experience, you’re well-prepared to step into this role focused on delighting others.
- Have a passion for serving others by listening and responding effectively to customers by receiving and efficiently handling employer, provider and member inbound calls, as well as initiating outbound calls as necessary.
- Use your service-oriented personality, excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to display empathy to go the extra mile to resolve issues, provide solutions, and building sustainable relationships over the phone.
- Recognize courses of action which can be taken to handle problems or potential problems, and applying contingency plans to solve those problems. This role will also route calls to appropriate resources, while identifying and escalating issues to supervisors as appropriate.
- Maintain and improve quality results by adhering to standards, guidelines and metrics. Recommend improved procedures where applicable.
- Embrace technology, learning and change. Excellent PC and typing skills with highly advanced skills in web-based platforms are required to be able to research, identify and resolve customer challenges using applicable software. Continuously update job knowledge by learning new product description and participating in ongoing professional educational opportunities.
- Spanish language fluency is a plus, although not required.
Why you should apply:
- You want to make a difference in the lives of those we serve. You’re looking for the opportunity to help people on a daily basis by providing them with options for best managing their recent health care events.
- You’re experienced in providing a great customer experience, but you’re ready for more. It’s not your first rodeo, and you want to be challenged in a vibrant, growing organization.
- You’re excited about this considerable opportunity for growth, both within the Contact center operation and the organization as a whole. The chance to get in on the ground floor of a growing, people-focused organization and being a part of our journey is exciting.
- You want to work with an organization that is dedicated to investing in your personal and professional growth on multiple levels.
- You’re looking for a robust compensation and benefits package.