- Job Title
- Marketing Coordinator
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Other Location
- Grand Rapids, MI
Kingscott is a team based organization - from the top down. Our CEO is a team of 5 people. We work as a team to make the best decisions for the company. We expect the same of our staff. Our story is anchored in knowing that when people work together, extraordinary things are possible.
To be successful at Kingscott you need to be “All In” – to be fully committed. It is important to us to stick to things even when they are hard. To be intentional in following through for everyone’s success. To be passionate about your work and take ownership for its success. We need to believe in each other, to want the best for everyone and to always assume good intentions.
We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join our team. Working closely with the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will focus on coordinating written and visual communications to promote competitive public relations and marketing programs, as well as assist with planning events throughout the year.
Here’s more about what you’d be doing at Kingscott:
- Assist in the tasks required to create the proposal, such as design, writing, editing, review, and production.
- Assist in planning process to establish priorities, task ownership, and targeted dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; monitor and communicate proposal status; coordinate requirements with contributors; contribute proposal status information at review meetings.
- Read, edit and finalize each section of a proposal. Make changes to bring a consistent tone to sections from different contributors, ensure the content matches the RFP requirements, and includes standard or approved proposal language for legal sections.
- Prepare final proposals by evaluating text and graphics; coordinate printing.
- Work with marketing manager and PDs to improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Support Social Media marketing efforts including editing and rewrites to content submitted for our marketing efforts, actively managing our social media presence, etc.
- Support the development of and manage the implementation for prospecting and client communication campaigns.
- Contribute to written content creation, including monthly e-newsletters, writing for the web, email communications and new collateral.
- Participate in organizing the logistics for sponsored conferences/exhibitions or virtual events where our leaders are speaking (including advanced promotion and follow-up activities) to increase brand recognition and new leads generation.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- 2 to 4 years of previous work experience in a marketing or marketing communications role is required. Experience in a professional services firm is desirable. Previous experience with proposal writing and social media marketing efforts is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or English is required.
- Understanding of, and ability to interpret, RFP structure and requirements.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential.
- Ability to work seamlessly on a remote basis with irregular hours.
- Demonstrated success meeting deliverables with minimal supervision or structure, possess strong written and oral communication skills and establish credibility through efforts and interactions.
- Effective work-flow management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office is required. Experience and proficiency using a CRM system or database is required. Experience with desktop publishing software is required – InDesign experience is preferred but not required.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life and 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Collaborative environment and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Variety of work tasks and experiences – No two days will ever be the same
- Opportunity to influence key decisions and help Kingscott meet its goals