Director of Leadership Programs
- Job Title
- Director of Leadership Programs
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
The Grand Rapids Chamber is an award winning regional organization that believes in a thriving and prosperous West Michigan for all. Organized in 1887, the Chamber convenes and leads a collection of business and community stakeholders to provide services targeted to increase growth and opportunity. It has a membership of nearly 2,400 businesses, 25 professional staff, and a $3.4 million budget. The Chamber is proud of its innovative programs that support talent development, advocacy/public policy, and business services.
In principle and practice, the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce believes in the value and power of diversity and inclusion. In efforts to better serve and represent our members and to reflect the community, the Chamber is committed to actively seeking a diverse workforce.
We are looking for a Director of Leadership Programs to join our team. Our Director of Leadership Programs will lead the the strategic direction and implementation of the Chamber’s talent & leadership development programs and initiatives, while managing the operations and budgets of all talent cohort-based programming. If growing our emerging leaders and expanding on the skillset of the talent inside Grand Rapids is what drives you, this could be the position for you! We’re looking for someone who’s invested in the community and passionate about driving it forward.
Here’s more about what you’d be doing at the Grand Rapids Chamber:
- Identify opportunities and develop programs/initiatives to address talent development needs of businesses in West Michigan.
- Design and implement curriculum for talent programs.
- Coordinate program strategy with program facilitators to ensure that content is in line with the mission and vision of the Chamber.
- Participate in Council management.
- Long term planning and development for talent programs.
- Supervise the delivery of programs, regularly evaluate them for effectiveness and make enhancements to reflect market needs and trends to meet the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Serve as liaison to outside organizations for the Chamber (i.e. Work groups in the community).
- Manage scholarship program, including designing the application and participating in the selection process.
- Maintain strong relationships with business and community leaders and have awareness of past, present, and future community issues/priorities.
- Manage Chamber program alumni and alumni programming.
- Integrate the Chamber’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals within talent development programs and initiatives.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Program Development, Business Management or related.
- 5+ years of experience in workforce, leadership development, fundraising, business management or related experience.
- 3+ years of experience advising and interacting with community and business leaders.
- Leadership program experience.
- Team building and management experience.
- Strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Have proven ability to speak publicly and communicate both verbally and in writing.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Health, Dental, Life and 401 (k) with 5% match.
- A collaborative environment and ability to work with other departments.
- A brand-new work space just opened in March 2018!
- Being a part of a thriving organization that’s heavily focused on its members to become the strongest chamber in the country.
- The ability to put your stamp on things. Our team is small, so you’ll have a voice to share your recommendations that will help advance our mission.
- Challenge – each day is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the community.