Director of Marketing and Events
- Job Title
- Director of Marketing and Events
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
The Grand Rapids Chamber is an award winning regional organization that believes in a thriving and prosperous West Michigan for all. Organized in 1887, the Chamber convenes and leads a collection of business and community stakeholders to provide services targeted to increase growth and opportunity. It has a membership of nearly 2,400 businesses, 25 professional staff, and a $3.4 million budget. The Chamber is proud of its innovative programs that support talent development, advocacy/public policy, and business services.
In principle and practice, the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce believes in the value and power of diversity and inclusion. In efforts to better serve and represent our members and to reflect the community, the Chamber is committed to actively seeking a diverse workforce.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing and Events to join our team. Our Director of Marketing and Events will maintain a positive and streamlined Chamber brand and external communications to Chamber members and future members, while managing the marketing and events team to assure a quality customer experience at every level. If you have PR and event management experience along with a strong marketing background, this is a great opportunity for you!
Here’s more about what you’d be doing at the Grand Rapids Chamber:
- Oversee workload, remove obstacles, and provide direction to marketing and events team to assure a positive and streamlined Chamber brand in all communication avenues.
- Direct all public relations efforts, including press release distribution, maintenance of active media list, and managing media interviews and inquiries.
- Editor of all corporate communications, including production and direction of video content, social media posts, Eblasts, Chamber Enewsletter, event invitations, scripts and communications, direct mailings, and website copy.
- Host of Chamber podcast. Oversee the research and selection of podcast guests. Participate in preparatory meetings to learn about each podcast guest.
- Direct all branding guidelines and brand expression at Chamber headquarters.
- Responsible for special projects including, but not limited to, signature event details, script writing, executive team communications.
- Maintain relationships with business and community leaders and have awareness of past, present, and future community issues and priorities.
- Manage and plan annual Marketing budget. Includes processing of invoices and budget adherence.
- Integrate the Chamber’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals within marketing programs and initiatives.
- Participate in L10 team meetings to help advance the Chamber’s strategies and goals.
- Coordinates all membership level upgrade celebrations.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing and communications.
- 2+ years of experience in public relations, media relations and management of team members.
- Strong social media knowledge and solid understanding of website management (Wordpress).
- Ability to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Proven problem-solving skills and exceptional creativity.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Health, Dental, Life and 401 (k) with 5% match.
- A collaborative environment and ability to work with other departments.
- A brand-new work space just opened in March 2018!
- Being a part of a thriving organization that’s heavily focused on its members to become the strongest chamber in the country.
- The ability to put your stamp on things. Our team is small, so you’ll have a voice to share your recommendations that will help advance our mission.
- Challenge – each day is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the community.