Human Resource Manager
- Job Title
- Human Resource Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
American Seating is an award-winning manufacturer of innovative seating solutions for Office Environments and Transportation. Since 1886, our products have been a part of where you work, play and travel. In fact, if you’ve ever ridden in a bus, sat in a desk, enjoyed a performance or been to a ballpark, chances are you’ve sat in a seat made by American Seating! We are actively looking for a driven Human Resource Manager to initiate positive HR practices ranging from recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, and employee relations.
How you will spend your day:
- Effectively coordinate full-cycle recruiting process, including creating job postings, screening qualified candidates, and conducting interviews, background checks, and drug screens
- Maintain current recruitment system while creatively developing new methods to attract the right talent
- Coordinate new employee orientation, materials, and on-boarding activities for all new hires
- Positively promote company activities that increase employee engagement and promote our people-oriented culture
- Confidently resolve employee issues, concerns, and conflicts
- Create and update compensation strategy through market analysis and pay survey
- Administer and maintain an HRIS program, ensuring quality organization, accurate records, and proper confidentiality protocol
- Work with benefits broker and vendors to review and design benefit plans and options. Oversee the plan design, meetings and communications for annual benefits enrollment.
- Administer benefits offerings and update records and plans due to employment changes
- Ensure compliance with Local, State, and Federal regulations including HIPPA, ERISA, FMLA, and ADA
- Proactively identify areas of human resource practices that can be implemented or improved upon, while creatively looking for new ideas and solutions to issues
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in a Human Resources role
- Minimum of two years in a Human Resources Management role
- Comprehensive benefits administration knowledge, including COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, and state benefit guidelines.
- Union negotiation experience a plus
- Someone who can bring a positive, proactive attitude each day!
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, along with a 401(k) match and PTO.
- A fun, challenging work environment with great people in a renowned company
American Seating is an Equal Opportunity Employer