Andrology Lab Technician
- Job Title
- Andrology Lab Technician
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Enjoy what you do while contributing to a company that makes a difference in people’s lives. The Fertility Center is a premier company located in Grand Rapids Michigan. We are looking for experienced, empathetic, and dynamic individuals who are committed to delivering excellent patient care to our practice. We are dedicated to assisting our patients and families with all their reproductive needs.
We are looking for an Andrology Laboratory Technician who is interested in a new opportunity working in a professional environment where your abilities can contribute to making a difference in people’s lives. This position requires flexibility, willingness to take on multiple tasks, a desire for continued learning and strong critical thinking. Detailed oriented individuals who are comfortable working independently with an autonomous mindset will thrive in our organization.
The Andrology Laboratory Technician is an important and vital member to our team and their essential functions and responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to;
- Compliance with the laboratory policies/guidelines approved under CLIA/The Joint Commission certification.
- Performing routine andrology tests when approved to be qualified by the IVF laboratory director.
- Making independent decisions on the routine tests, when applicable.
- Performing team work to the benefit of the patient care and proper functioning of the laboratory.
- Ordering supplies, reagents, and other laboratory items as needed.
- Preparing reagents, culture media with strict adherence to sterile techniques.
- Clean laboratory equipment, performs quality control, and maintains records.
- Assist with research and other laboratory projects.
- Maintain an accurate documentation on any training of new techniques.
- Works with the ART laboratory director and performs other related duties when needed.
- Schedules lab employees appropriately for workload and daily needs.
- Leads and manages the training of new employees
- Become involved with inter-department coordination and troubleshooting when necessary.
The right person for this role must have the following qualifications;
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Biology, Laboratory Science, or related discipline
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office or laboratory setting,
- Computer skills with an emphasis on word processing
- Tissue culture experience is a plus
What We Offer;
- A great work environment
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve and the people we help