- Job Title
- Executive Assistant
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
The Grand Rapids Chamber is an award winning regional organization that believes in a thriving and prosperous West Michigan for all. Organized in 1887, the Chamber convenes and leads a collection of business and community stakeholders to provide services targeted to increase growth and opportunity. It has a membership of nearly 2,400 businesses, 25 professional staff, and a $3.4 million budget. The Chamber is proud of its innovative programs that support talent development, advocacy/public policy, and business services.
In principle and practice, the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce believes in the value and power of diversity and inclusion. In efforts to better serve and represent our members and to reflect the community, the Chamber is committed to actively seeking a diverse workforce.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team. Our Executive Assistant will perform a variety of complex and confidential administrative duties for the President/CEO, Chamber Board of Directors and Committees of the Board, as well as the West Michigan Policy Forum Board of Directors, Finance/Governance Committee and Executive Committee. If you are outgoing and enjoy multi-tasking and working with several high-level leaders in the community, this is a great opportunity for you!
Here’s more about what you’d be doing at the Grand Rapids Chamber:
- Maintain President's calendar. Sets and maintain yearly meeting schedule for the President with community leaders.
- Provide administrative support to: West Michigan Policy Forum Board of Directors, Finance/Governance Committee, Executive Committee, Conference Planning Committee by managing meeting calendar, meeting notices, agendas, minutes, meeting preparation, food and facilities arrangements, equipment, materials and budget management.
- Assist Director of Accounting with finance projects including light accounting work.
- Adhere to President's budget for travel, training, sponsorships, Board activities etc. Complete monthly expense reports.
- Maintain two-year calendar for the West Michigan Policy Forum Board and Board Committees, along with mailing and distribution lists while providing support in coordinating logistics for registration.
- Maintain all electronic files that contain yearly Chamber information for the Chamber Board and its committees and the WMPF Board and its committees.
- Provide administrative support across Chamber departments on a project basis.
- Actively demonstrate commitment to the Chamber’s vision, mission, and organizational goals.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting CEO or other senior management level executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel.
- Database experience preferred.
- Meeting and event planning experience a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Someone who comes to work with a smile and keeps a positive attitude amidst adversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of Chamber services, activities, policies, and procedures to deliver outstanding customer support both internally and externally.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Health, Dental, Life and 401 (k) with 5% match.
- A collaborative environment and ability to work with other departments.
- Opportunity for growth into other key departments.
- A brand-new work space just opened in March 2018!
- Being a part of a thriving organization that’s heavily focused on its members to become the strongest chamber in the country.
- The ability to put your stamp on things. Our team is small, so you’ll have a voice to share your recommendations that will help advance our mission.
- Challenge – each day is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the community.