- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
The mission of Downtown Grand Rapids, Inc. is to accelerate Downtown GR’s transition to a best-in-class American city. While a small, yet mighty organization, our growing team works hard with a wide array of community partners to build an increasingly vibrant downtown with great recreational experiences, a high quality of life for people from all walks of life and a strong inclusive economy. You may be familiar with some of our work:
- The Van Andel Arena, Downtown Market and DeVos Place Convention Center – We helped build the facilities and accelerate the revitalization of Downtown.
- Movies on Monroe? Yep. That’s us. We organized 40+ events in 2018 and MOM is the premier outdoor film series in west Michigan.
- GR Forward – DGRI and partners led the development of this community plan and investment strategy to transform the Grand River into a distinct asset and guide the next generation of growth in Downtown Grand Rapids. Now we’re busy making the vision a reality.
With all of these exciting achievements and even more impactful projects on the horizon, Downtown Grand Rapids, Inc. (DGRI) is in search of an Administrative Assistant to support the DGRI staff in the performance of organizational activities. The overall goal of the position is to enhance and organize administrative functions while striving to achieve greater organizational efficiencies and improving organizational responsiveness.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
With an Associate’s degree (or equivalent, relevant experience) and at least one (1) year of experience in office administration, the Administrative Assistant will:
- Use their warm, professional demeanor coupled with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to engage positively with visitors, volunteers, board members, and other public, private, and non-profit partners, whether it be in person, via email or on the phone.
- Demonstrate initiative and excellent organizational skills, with ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of multi-step projects and tasks with sometimes tight deadlines. Work to solve problems independently while providing an atmosphere of confidentiality and discretion.
- Be highly attentive to detail, work with a strong emphasis on accuracy, when supporting leadership and staff with daily and ongoing administrative tasks including but not limited to correspondence, filing and scheduling.
- Coordinate DGRI meetings. Reserve space, configure table arrangements, prepare snacks and beverages, and ensure AV equipment is functioning. Prepare and disseminate meeting announcements, agendas, minutes and supplementary materials.
- Assist with general office operations, including tracking and ordering supplies and equipment maintenance.
- Administer benefits and serve as front-line point of contact with both employees and carriers. This includes addressing employee questions, communicating with external brokers/consultants, implementing benefit changes and reconciling invoices.
- Supporting employee onboarding and offboarding processes, setting up new technology and scheduling new hire training.
- Organize and maintain employee files, systems and documents.
Here’s what we’re offering the right candidate:
- An opportunity to help impact things that matter in our city! You’ll have exposure to exciting events, projects and developments.
- A fun and flexible culture. Our diverse team works hard and has a good time doing it.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Medical & dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Gym membership discounts and other wellness initiatives. We even have office bikes!
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we encourage you to apply online today. Please, no calls or emails.
Equal Opportunity Employer