- Job Title
- Graphic Designer
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
The mission of Downtown Grand Rapids, Inc. is to accelerate Downtown GR’s transition to a best-in-class American city. While a small, yet mighty organization, our growing team works hard with a wide array of community partners to build an increasingly vibrant downtown with great recreational experiences, a high quality of life for people from all walks of life and a strong inclusive economy. You may be familiar with some of our work:
- The Van Andel Arena, Downtown Market and DeVos Place Convention Center – We helped build the facilities and accelerate the revitalization of Downtown.
- Movies on Monroe? Yep. That’s us. We organized 40+ events in 2018 and MOM is the premier outdoor film series in west Michigan.
- GR Forward – DGRI and partners led the development of this community plan and investment strategy to transform the Grand River into a distinct asset and guide the next generation of growth in Downtown Grand Rapids. Now we’re busy making the vision a reality.
With all of these exciting achievements and even more impactful projects on the horizon, DGRI is in search of a passionate, energetic and creative Graphic Designer to help drive the organization’s ideation, design and production of marketing and communication assets that support the achievement of Downtown Grand Rapids, Inc.’s strategic objectives.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Support the work of publicly communicating DGRI’s story, messages and other organizational information.
- Collaborate with DGRI staff to conceive, design, lay out and produce custom design elements and communications collateral for print and digital use.
- Use strong attention to detail to support and advance DGRI’s external graphics and communications across a variety of platforms, including print materials, presentations, fact sheets, newsletters, media releases and more.
- Generate creative solutions for graphic needs and translate concepts and information into elements that bring DGRI programs, campaigns, events and other initiatives to life.
- Use sound relationship building skills to coordinate with organizational partners and outside vendors to successfully complete projects.
- Have strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills with a pleasant demeanor and a positive energy about them. We’re looking for the consummate professional and collaborator who can coordinate with partner organizations and our internal team to support cross-promotional efforts.
- Monitor production timelines and ensure deadlines are met for multiple projects.
- Manage and maintain database of graphic, digital and photographic assets.
- Stay curious and current with design profession practices and trends. Constantly vetting new methods for producing great visual content.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Illustration or related field is preferred, but equivalent experience in a relevant field will be strongly considered.
- At least 3 years of experience in Graphic Design or related field.
- High level of expertise using Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience using Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and After Effects.
- Previous web design experience (HTML) is preferred.
- Strong ability to work creatively with data-driven visual content (infographics).
- Proven knowledge of graphic design terminology and the ability to translate into understandable language to team and other constituents.
- Previous experience working in a business office or non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated passion for city building and downtown revitalization.
Here’s what we’re offering the right candidate:
- An opportunity to shed light on things that matter in our city! You’ll have exposure to exciting events, projects and developments.
- A fun and flexible culture. Our diverse team works hard and has a good time doing it.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Medical & dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Short & Long term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Gym membership discounts and other wellness initiatives
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, we encourage you to apply online today. Please, no calls or emails.
Equal Opportunity Employer