- Job Title
- Events Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
The Grand Rapids Chamber is an award winning regional organization that believes in a thriving and prosperous West Michigan for all. Organized in 1887, the Chamber convenes and leads a collection of business and community stakeholders to provide services targeted to increase growth and opportunity. It has a membership of nearly 2,400 businesses, 25 professional staff, and a $3.4 million budget. The Chamber is proud of its innovative programs that support talent development, advocacy/public policy, and business services.
In principle and practice, the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce believes in the value and power of diversity and inclusion. In efforts to better serve and represent our members and to reflect the community, the Chamber is committed to actively seeking a diverse workforce.
We are looking for an Events Manager to join our team. Our Events Manager will maximize the overall brand experience by planning, managing and executing Chamber events. If you insist on double checking the details and know how to juggle five things at once, this could be the perfect position for you!
Here’s more about what you’d be doing at the Grand Rapids Chamber:
- Lead event project management process to align stakeholder ideas, needs, and deliverables to meet experience and budget objectives.
- Responsible for managing logistics for events and programs, including vendor contract negotiations as well as venue and resource management.
- Collaborate with vendors, contractors, Chamber volunteers, staff and interns to ensure event roles/needs are met before, during and after the event.
- Maintain updated database information, including event set-up, tracking in-kind sponsorships, caterers, venues, décor, etc.
- Perform post-event duties including surveys and recap meetings to receive member feedback and foster continuous improvement.
- Manage the budget for assigned events.
- Assist with in-kind sponsorships for events.
- Manage event set up, registration and tear down when needed.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Event Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Communications or similar degree.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in Event Management, Communications, Brand Management or related experience.
- Exceptional customer service attitude; we put our best foot forward with each interaction!
- Have proven computer competencies, including Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel) and Adobe InDesign proficiency is a plus.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- Positive, team-oriented individual.
- Flexible schedule that allows event attendance in evenings or early mornings.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Health, Dental, Life and 401(k) with 5% match.
- A collaborative environment and ability to work with other departments.
- Opportunity for growth into other key departments.
- A brand new work space, just opened in March 2018!
- Be a part of a thriving organization that’s heavily focused on its members to become the strongest chamber in the country.
- The ability to put your stamp on things. Our team is small so you’ll have a voice to share your recommendations that will help advance our mission.
- Challenge – each day is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the community.