Business Development Coordinator - Oceana County
- Job Title
- Business Development Coordinator - Oceana County
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Founded in 1985, the Right Place is West Michigan’s regional economic development organization. The Right Place serves both current and prospective West Michigan companies, providing one-stop assistance for location, innovation and growth. During this long history, the organization has assisted existing and new companies to create over 40,000 new jobs and over $4 billion in new investments. We are looking for someone with experience in developing new business and managing accounts. The Business Development Coordinator would be working with our businesses in and around Oceana County. Come join our close-knit, innovative team!
Your responsibilities each day:
- Proactively meet with businesses in and around Oceana County to address business concerns and/or provide a description of services.
- Serve as a business liaison to companies in need of support for growth or expansion. Facilitate access to various municipal, state and local resources for businesses, such as tax abatement, workforce, site enhancements.
- Develop and implement the operational plans used to realize the strategic objectives of the organization. Meet with the board regularly to keep them informed on operational issues and work with them to come up with strategic solutions to complex challenges.
- Foster and seek ways to network with businesses for the purpose of addressing common needs and interests.
- Provide information and other resources to prospective businesses interested in expansion and/or location in and around Oceana County. Establish and maintain relationships with commercial and industrial realtors and brokers.
- Assist with fundraising events, new program inaugurations and public relations events to support revenue efforts of local economic alliance.
- Work with RPI Vice President of Marketing and Communications to develop a strategy to promote Oceana County via print and websites. Coordinate events and project press releases with the RPI Marketing team. Work with RPI’s Web Content Manager to coordinate the posting of information on OCEDC and RPI websites.
- Represent The Right Place at the state and national level when appropriate. Speak directly with reporters, donors, government representatives and members of the community at these events.
- Prepare and make presentations on Oceana County, west Michigan, The Right Place Inc, and other regional economic issues to a wide variety of groups and organization.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports on business retention, expansion and attraction reports using CRM-Salesforce Software.
- Assist with budgeting and strategic business development efforts.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or other relevant degree.
- 1-3 years’ experience in economic development, business development or a related field.
- Working knowledge of state and local government organizations and agencies.
- Demonstrated abilities in marketing, sales and business development.
- Technologically adept.
- Ability to build strong relationships and become a trusted partner.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Ability to use Customer Relationship Management System (Salesforce) preferred.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to operate independently or as part of a team to manage long and short-term project activity.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to collaborate with the best and brightest business minds.
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including generous vacation, 401(K) retirement, health, and life insurance.