Business Programs Manager
- Job Title
- Business Programs Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Business Programs Manager
The Grand Rapids Chamber is an award winning regional organization that believes in a thriving and prosperous West Michigan for all. Organized in 1887, the Chamber convenes and leads a collection of business and community stakeholders to provide services targeted to increase growth and opportunity. It has a membership of nearly 2,400 businesses, 25 professional staff, and a $3.4 million budget. The Chamber is proud of its innovative programs that support talent development, advocacy/public policy, and business services.
In principle and practice, the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce believes in the value and power of diversity and inclusion. In efforts to better serve and represent our members and to reflect the community, the Chamber is committed to actively seeking a diverse workforce.
We are looking for a Business Programs Manager to join our team. Under the direction of the Vice President of Business Services, you will be responsible for implementing the Chamber’s business growth services to increase the success of area businesses. We’re looking for someone with a background in program management, public speaking and event facilitation.
Here’s more about your responsibilities at the Grand Rapids Chamber:
- Manage Chamber business recognition programs, including Ribbon Cutting events.
- Manage the CEO and Management Roundtable program.
- Facilitate the Certificate of Origin service provided by the Chamber including monthly invoicing.
- Coordinate with colleagues to develop event themes and topics related to business needs and trends.
- Manage Chamber member discount programs in coordination with Director of Business Outreach.
- Assist with room preparation and set up for Business Services events and programs.
- Lead Chamber’s Business by Referrals group. Attend and facilitate all bimonthly meetings
- Conduct business outreach to gain awareness of and support growth needs.
- Attend community networking events to connect with current and prospective members.
- Work with programs and speakers to facilitate program details and messages.
- Attend internal meetings to ensure all aspects of events and programs are accounted for.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Bachelors of Arts or Science Degree in Business Management, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Marketing Management or related field of study.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Program Management or related field.
- Certified Tourism Ambassador certification.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal supervision.
- Experience using Weblink or other CRM system.
- Must be comfortable working extended hours, including some nights and weekends, if needed.
- Must be able to travel, mostly regionally.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Health, Dental, Life and 401(k) with 5% match.
- A collaborative environment and ability to work with other departments.
- Opportunity for growth.
- Be a part of a thriving organization that’s heavily focused on its members to become the strongest chamber in the country.
- The ability to put your stamp on things. Our team is small so you’ll have a voice to share your recommendations that will help advance our mission.
- Challenge – each day is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the community.