Office and Accounting Administrator
- Job Title
- Office and Accounting Administrator
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
Office & Accounting Administrator
Grandville Avenue Arts & Humanities (GAAH) is a non-profit organization cultivating creativity and promoting youth academic achievement in the Grandville Avenue neighborhood. Due to the generosity of our benefactors, Peter C. and Pat Cook, and many others, GAAH has successfully operated the Cook Arts Center and the Cook Library Center since the 1990’s. While the Cook Arts Center provides art exposure and educational programming to the local youth community, the Cook Library Center provides a safe place for discovering the pleasures of literacy, collaboration, community and learning. Fundamental to our mission of enriching the lives of youth in our area, we embrace and celebrate these core values: integrity, diversity, excellence, celebration, learning, accountability, collaboration and safe haven.
About the Office & Accounting Administrator role:
Reporting to the CEO, the Office & Accounting Administrator is responsible for accomplishing key accounting and administrative support functions for the organization and its leaders including basic bookkeeping, donor database management and general office administration. This is accomplished through the following responsibilities:
- Creates systems and operational processes for enhanced administrative efficiency.
- Responsible for accounts payable. Reconciles bank statements. Monitors cash flow and account balances. Prepares financial and operational reports.
- Provides payroll administration support.
- Maintains donor database.
- Manages information technology platforms including setting up new users with equipment, email, etc.
- Coordinates meetings, events and interviews for the leadership team including attending and taking Board of Director meeting minutes.
- Prepares general correspondence, newsletters, minutes and memos. Maintains an accurate digital and physical filing system. Answers the phone and welcomes visitors.
- Coordinates with facility-related vendors and makes service calls for repairs, maintenance and cleaning.
- You are service-oriented, reliable, warm and driven to provide support to others. You go out of your way to find ways to make things run better and make a difference.
- You have at least one (1) year of experience in office administration and basic bookkeeping, including familiarity with Quickbooks.
- You have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, web-based applications, etc. You’re able to configure new user workstations and provide basic troubleshooting.
- You have solid accounting and mathematical skills.
- You manage projects and deadlines well because you’re organized, detailed, efficient and are accountable for results.
About why you should apply today:
- You want to work with an organization that makes a difference of lives of children in our community.
- You want to collaborate with really talented and very dedicated professionals who make work not really seem like work.
- You want to be compensated fairly for the value and experience you bring to our organization. You’re also pleased to know that we offer health and dental insurance.
- You’ll enjoy work/life balance via paid holidays and generous paid time off benefits.
This is all sounding pretty good, isn’t it? If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, please upload both your resume and cover letter during the application process. We are looking forward to getting to know you better.
Grandville Avenue Arts and Humanities is an equal opportunity employer.