Administrative Assistant (Part Time)
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant (Part Time)
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
The Grand Rapids Student Advancement Foundation is an independent nonprofit organization serving as the strategic fundraising partner of the Grand Rapids Public Schools. We believe that every child has the potential to learn, grow, and succeed. We also envision a day where there are no barriers to any child in Grand Rapids Public Schools reaching her or his full potential. The Student Advancement Foundation provides the resources that are needed for the students of the Grand Rapids Public Schools to learn, develop and thrive. The foundation also assists Grand Rapids Public Schools with meeting its own goals of educational excellence.
The Student Advancement Foundation is a dynamic, collaborative office and is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. We are searching for a self-sufficient part-time (24 hours/week) Administrative Assistant, who has exceptional organizational and customer service skills and is results oriented. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple on-going projects and exceptional attention to detail are essential. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day, and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
The Administrative Assistant is an important and vital member to our team and their essential functions and responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to;
- Providing general administrative and clerical support for all office functions and staff
- Providing support for financial systems, including but not limited to preparing deposits, conducting account reconciliation, processing accounts payable and receivable, overseeing check requests for multiple programs and projects, and acting as first liaison with outside accountant.
- Serving as primary administrative Board support liaison. Preparing minutes, communicating with Board members, scheduling Board committees, and working with Board member administrative staff.
- Organizing and supporting organizational meetings (GR8 Sports, Great Kids Advisory Board and Committee meetings).
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Running organizational errands, maintaining inventory of supplies, and keeping the office organized and current.
- Answer phones and greet guests, provide exceptional customer service.
- Supporting development staff for fundraising events and other programming events as needed.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in an office administrative support position.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize and support multiple projects and tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy.
- Computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft office suite of products and internet.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills.
An ideal candidate might also possess:
- Experience working in a non-profit fund development office
- Be a GRPS alum or affiliated
- Accounts payable and receivable experience
- Ability to work 20-25 hours per week, during normal office hours with occasional availability outside of office hours to support organizational fundraisers.
Grand Rapids Student Advancement Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer