Business Research Analyst
- Job Title
- Business Research Analyst
- Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Other Location
Business Research Analyst
Founded in 1985, the Right Place is West Michigan’s regional economic development organization. The Right Place serves both current and prospective West Michigan companies, providing one-stop assistance for location, innovation and growth. During this long history, the organization has assisted existing and new companies to create over 40,000 new jobs and over $4 billion in new investments. We are looking for someone who gets passionate about making sense out of data and wants to learn more about the West Michigan regional economy and business community.
Your responsibilities each day:
- Complete related Requests for Information (RFI) and assist with the Business Development team’s response to Business Attraction Projects.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by internal and external stakeholders.
- Respond to short order research inquiries from The Right Place staff and investors for companies and industry intelligence.
- Provide qualified company lists from industry sectors. Search traditional business references, commercial databases, and the Internet for data that is relevant and accurate.
- Maintain the data on the organization’s website for internal and external use.
- Find rankings, success stories, and other data that supports a positive image of West Michigan.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
- Work with the Director of Business Intelligence on various short and long term research projects, compiling and analyzing information from a wide variety of sources, and reporting on those findings
- Compile Cost of Living Survey for metro Grand Rapids area. Report for the national cost of living statistics.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 2-3 years' experience working in a research capacity, preferably with the business community.
- Bachelors Degree in economics, management, business, or some other professional discipline.
- Working knowledge of research and relational databases like Salesforce.com, Census Bureau, and Bureau of Labor Statistics,.
- Statistical knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills. Extensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft software. Experience with Tableau a plus. Typing speed of 35 WPM expected.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data in meaningful ways. Inquisitive approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate complicated data and research related topics to non-data professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to always provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Comfortability in working with executive leadership on projects and assignments.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to make a positive impact in the economic health in West Michigan.
- The opportunity to collaborate with the best and brightest business minds.
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including generous vacation, 401(K) retirement, health, and life insurance.