Business Development Manager
- Job Title
- Business Development Manager
- Baltimore, MD
- Other Location
Nationally nominated as one of the Best Young Companies to Work For as well as a Top 50 Company to Watch in Michigan, NxGen MDx is an innovative pioneer providing best-in-class advanced genetic carrier screening to families across the nation. Our molecular laboratory scientists accurately screen for over 120 genetically inherited diseases and helps families plan with confidence. We are poised for phenomenal growth of our exclusive laboratory testing options and are looking for a new team member in the Maryland market and are seeking a Business Development Manager to lead the charge.
NxGen MDx sales professionals are relentlessly driven to be successful and are passionate about presenting our lab testing services and options to physicians and other healthcare professionals to provide vitally important information to patients and their growing families. Success is rewarded through an industry leading salary and commission plan providing you the opportunity to maximize your earning potential. In addition, this is a local territory with limited overnight travel.
In this role you will:
- Foster the growth of NxGen’s diagnostic testing by proactively identifying and cultivating sales leads, active prospecting, closing new accounts, and increasing the sales volume of current accounts.
- Travel daily throughout the Maryland territory to build and foster relationships with current and prospective healthcare clients and prospects at hospitals, clinics, and physician practices.
- Effectively deliver presentations and provide competitive information such as demonstrations, bid situations, pricing data, or bundling arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for services.
- Present, negotiate and obtain signed agreements.
- Apply well-developed sales skills to meet or exceed all sales targets.
- Provide client solutions by leveraging internal tools and collaborating with the customer service, laboratory, and finance departments.
- Gather, analyze, and deliver field insights to allow the company to develop strategies and products to better serve the market.
- Represent NxGen MDx at relevant conferences to build brand awareness, expand the network and generate sales leads.
- Research competitors and stay informed about the activities of genetic screening.
- Help to further cultivate the sales strategies for this growing organization.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelors’ Degree and at least four (4) years of medical/laboratory sales experience, preferably in women’s health.
- Knowledge of laboratory/medical industry, including relevant diagnostic tests.
- Dynamic and highly driven with ability to influence others. We’re looking for an A-player sales professional with a proven track record of sales excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to drive relationship building and foster excellent customer relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- High-energy work ethic with ability to work independently to achieve results.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness for constant day travel within a two (2) hour radius in the state of Maryland.
What’s in it for you?
- A base salary and uncapped commission with high earning potential.
- A healthy work-life balance. Our commitment to families doesn’t end with our testing services; it is also focused on our employees.
- Monthly car allowance and mileage reimbursement.
- Rich benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. 401(k) with company match, gym membership discounts and flex spending accounts are also available.
- Our awesome team. We work hard, but have fun doing it. Our team is collaborative, driven and talented, but we enjoy a few laughs and celebrating our mutual success.
- The ability to put your stamp on things. We’re just getting started, and we invite you to be a part of our incredible story.
Equal Opportunity Employer