Project Technical Lead
- Job Title
- Project Technical Lead
- Holland, MI
- Other Location
SpinDance architects, builds and manages the software that powers today’s connected smart products. Our end-to-end approach to IoT combines best-of-breed technologies with custom software, resulting in faster time-to-market, lower cost of ownership, more secure products, and happier customers.
About Project Technical Leadership…
Our Project Technical Leadership Team is an integral part of our success, and consists of highly energized, self-motivated people who enjoy building great software by working directly with customers and leading software development teams from quoting through delivery. Like all of our SpinDance staff, members of the Project Technical Leadership Team exhibit our shared core values of:
- Being a friend
- Mentoring and learning
- Seeking and communicating truth
- Making good decisions
- Delivering every day
What we need…
We are seeking a Project Technical Lead (PTL) to be responsible for technical leadership on software projects to ensure that they meet customer requirements and are efficiently executed with the proper balance of cost, timing and quality based on the demands of each specific project. The PTL will utilize best practices, standards, and methodologies to achieve these goals, but just as importantly they will utilize highly tuned technology, collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills to ensure project success.
- The PTL provides detailed management of requirements, design, implementation, testing, and integration of software projects that are both internal and client facing.
- The PTL is the main point of contact between the client and the project team for all technical issues.
- The PTL manages scope, estimation, execution planning, and daily execution by the project team to deliver the product and/or service to meet client needs.
What you will be doing…
- Provide overall technical leadership across a breadth of domains (embedded, mobile, cloud, and web).
- Interact with customers and other teams to ensure requirements are satisfied, issues are addressed, project technical status is communicated, and changes are assessed and incorporated.
- Collaboratively Develop scope documents, work breakdowns, and project estimates.
- Develop project execution plans and resource requirements for projects of varying size and complexity.
- Ensure effective project execution through agile methodologies as the Product Owner.
- Ensure overall quality of project technical artifacts/releases.
- Coordinate and tracking issues, risks, and defects.
- Scope management and related customer negotiations.
- Release planning and deployment for development along with quality assurance of releases.
- Contribute to the technical activities of the team, as appropriate.
- Mentor the project team on communication patterns.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing production-quality software, preferably with breadth across multiple domains (embedded, mobile, cloud, and web) and industries; 10+ years preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading one or more teams of software engineers; 5+ years preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience direct interaction with customers.
Some more things we would like to see…
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with both technical and non-technical team members and customers.
- Experience in all phases of software development (feasibility, design, implementation, integration, test, and support), preferably experience with complex systems that include multiple domains.
- Experience with agile methodology.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and financial skills.
- Organization skills, focusing on the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and drive project deliverables.
What we offer…
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative environment – we really do care about each other
- Flexible hours
- Manage cool projects and have fun
Located in Holland, we are located within walking distance of downtown and just a hop and skip from Lake Michigan.
SpinDance is simply a great place to work, check us out at: www.SpinDance.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer