Philanthropy & Communications Assistant
- Job Title
- Philanthropy & Communications Assistant
- Job ID
- ARVADA, CO 80003-5459
- Other Location
Philanthropy and Communications Assistant
Community First Foundation
Please use the Job Applicant Portal at Insperity:
Do not directly contact Community First Foundation.
Since 1975, Community First Foundation has been helping generous donors and innovative nonprofits come together to improve the quality of life and create positive change in Jefferson County, the Denver metropolitan area and beyond. We serve as a connector, partner, collaborator and resource to fuel the power of community for the greater good. We are proud to use our energy, leadership and trusted stewardship of financial resources to energize giving across our state, strengthen nonprofits, support donors and find new ways to address community needs. For more information, visit CommunityFirstFoundation.org.
Philanthropy and Communications Assistant
This position reports to the Vice President of Philanthropic Services and provides administrative support to the Director of Philanthropic Services and Director of Communications. Support is provided primarily to the Philanthropic Services Team with a smaller proportion of time allocated to the Communication Team. In addition, a portion of time will be allocated to serving as a member of the Administrative Support Team.
Philanthropic Services is responsible for raising revenues to support the broad needs of the community and serving the charitable needs of donors. The team’s fundraising activities include phone calls, emails, events, mailings, face-to-face meetings, presentations and conference sponsorships. These activities are in support of a number of charitable funds, such as endowment funds for nonprofits and donor-advised funds for individuals, families, and small businesses.
The Communications Team is responsible for managing the organization’s brand, developing and implementing marketing and communications plans, creating collateral and other outreach material, media relations and managing the Foundation’s website and donor portal.
Philanthropic Services Responsibilities (approximately 60%):
- Assists with team projects such as adding notes, contacts and email lists to Raiser’s Edge; managing mailing lists, cultivating donors and nonprofits, scanning and filing prospect and donor back-up, handling periodic mailings, assembling marketing packets, and contacting prospects, donors and endowment partners.
- Coordinates Philanthropic Services events, such as those for nonprofit partners, donors and professional advisors.Supports Philanthropic Services and the following committees/groups: Philanthropic Services Committee, Professional Advisor Council and the Board Alumni Council
- For example, coordinates all aspects of meetings as assigned, scheduling, room set-up, transcription of meeting minutes, distribution of materials, following-up on action items
- Prepares prospect/donor briefs in preparation for meetings
- Back up support on prospect research
- Budget monitoring
- Serves as assistant and support to Vice President of Philanthropic Services and Director of Philanthropic Services with projects/duties as assigned.
- For example, calendar coordination, event registration, maintaining electronic and paper files, and managing the timely flow of departmental communications.
Communications Team Responsibilities (approximately 15%):
- Support the Director of Communications with projects/duties as assigned.
- Schedule meetings and help manage director’s calendar
- Distribute meeting agendas and handouts. Ensure meeting rooms are set up and required technical equipment is in good working order
- Take meeting notes and minutes
- Coordinate giveaway ordering and track inventory
- Proof and distribute reports and presentations
- Supports the Communications Team with outreach, which may include:
- Proof collateral, presentations and other communications tools
- Maintain marketing collateral and ensure adequate supplies are on hand. Print additional supplies when needed
- Add content to websites
- Create reports and spreadsheets, such as a report of news coverage
- Maintain and update distribution lists housed in newsletter distribution software
- Assemble information packets
General Administrative Responsibilities (approximately 25%):
- Assists Office Manager by serving as a member of the Administrative Support Team.
- Serves as front desk backup, as needed to cover breaks, lunches and absences
- Serve as meeting space administrator backup, as needed to cover breaks, lunches and absences
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Administrative Support Team to ensure the organization’s administrative support needs are being met
- Responsible for special projects and other assignments, as needed.
- Prior administrative experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong computer skills
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new databases as required, such as Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment: ten-key, postage machine, laptop, multi-purpose printer/copier/fax/scanner, projector, etc.
- Ability to transcribe/prepare meeting minutes.
- Effective skills in the areas of scheduling, written communications, record keeping, telephone etiquette and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods and operate a computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and pension plan. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the Foundation. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Community First Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer