As one of the largest and most successful Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in the country, Great Lakes Health Connect manages health information services for 129 hospitals, over 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care practice offices, and nearly all of Michigan residents. By providing the means in which health information is exchanged between patients and their caregivers, we pride ourselves on improving health outcomes and value for patients, providers and communities in which we serve. Our organization is growing rapidly and we have an excellent opportunity for a Security Operations Analyst in our Grand Rapids office.
Here’s more about what we’re looking for and what you’d be doing at GLHC:
The Security Operations Analyst is responsible for supporting the full life cycle of cyber security operations as well recommending enhancements to our current security operations environment. Our ideal candidate will bring security analysis and incident response experience to help build and support daily operations. Responsibilities will include identifying and prioritizing potential threats and vulnerabilities, creating or recommending new prevention or detection methodologies, managing the incident response and monitoring functions, as well as continuously working with the Privacy & Security Officer to improve security operations strategy and processes.
A well-qualified candidate will possess:
- Active threat hunting experience and experience operating or managing security monitoring platforms such as Splunk, Graylog, ELK, or a similar solution.
- Experience and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS/IPS technologies, and antivirus, spam and spyware solution.
- Previous experience as a System, Security, or Network Administrator.
- Knowledge of the underlying logic that security alerts are built upon and apply them when analyzing raw logs and creating new dashboards and alerts.
- Experience converting intelligence into actionable mitigation and technical control recommendations.
- Experience implementing an incident response process.
- High attention to detail with an analytical focus.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Demonstrated understanding of HIPAA, health plan operations and applicable security and privacy legislation.
- A Bachelor’s degree and one or more of the following certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Continuous Monitoring Certification (GMON), Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH).
And here’s a bit about what we’re offering the right candidate:
- The ability to improve the life of people in your community. You’ll have exposure to engaging and meaningful work in a cutting edge and impactful industry. You’ll be working to bring patients closer to their health care providers by creating technologies that enable more efficient communication across the state.
- The opportunity to work with a driven and dedicated team. We employ the best of the best and we are passionate about what we’ve built, and who we serve. This expertise and passion shows in the quality services we provide and the communities we serve.
- Opportunities to be involved and give back. We enjoy working together to serve those in need.
- Competitive compensation and an incredibly robust benefits package. Work-life balance and wellness initiatives help to guide our benefit offerings.
- 403(b) with 7% match. Yes, you read that right, SEVEN!
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Wellness Initiatives and Incentives
- Rich PTO package
If this exciting role sounds like a perfect one for you, please confidentially apply online today. To learn more about the exciting things that GLHC is doing for healthcare across the state, visit us at http://gl-hc.org.