A/P & General Accountant
- Job Title
- A/P & General Accountant
- Job ID
- SEBASTOPOL, CA 95472-3880
- Other Location
Guayaki Yerba Mate is looking for an Accounts Payable Accountant
Guayaki Organic Brand Yerba Mate is the #1-selling brand of a new, on-trend, caffeinated beverage category. Our team of cebadores (servers of mate) are working to make organic, fair-trade yerba mate the mainstream drink of choice and prove that a company can be profitable while operating sustainably. As an organic beverage company, Guayaki’s mission is to steward and restore 200,000 acres of South American Atlantic rainforest and create over 1,000 living wage jobs by leveraging our Market Driven Restoration business model. This business model directly links our customers’ purchases to our partner farming communities that harvest the organic yerba mate used in our products.
A/P & General Accountant
You have high personal and professional standards and a reputation for excellence. Your attention to detail is impeccable, and you can be graciously tenacious to get the information you need. You can handle a variety of situations and tasks – and you do it with pride. If this sounds like you, you are the one we are looking for.
We are seeking a dedicated, hardworking individual to be responsible for Accounts Payable duties, including but not limited to invoicing and reconciliation. Success in this role will require the proper execution of the following responsibilities:
- Sort and review invoices and check requests for proper account codes, discounts, and payment terms, and prepare them for entry (coding). May include invoicing related to inventory.
- Obtain proper support for payment, including purchase orders, bills of lading, approvals.
- Enter invoices into accounting system for payment and review input for accuracy.
- Track, code and accurately input employee expense reimbursements, which includes a quick turnaround.
- Manage and execute month-end closing responsibilities including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting.
- Perform electronic and manual vendor file maintenance.
- Investigate problems related to accounts payable and bill payments, as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting highly preferred, and/or 3+ years of Accounts Payable and General Accounting experience (dependent on degree).
- Previous experience in manufacturing and/or beverage industry preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using spreadsheets and word processing software (Microsoft Office suite).
- Experience with NetSuite accounting software a plus.
We are a growing company that seeks someone who can grow with us!
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive pay, depending on experience and credentials, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.