As one of the largest and most successful Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in the country, Great Lakes Health Connect manages health information services for 129 hospitals, over 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care practice offices, and nearly all of Michigan residents. By providing the means in which health information is exchanged between patients and their caregivers, we pride ourselves on improving health outcomes and value for patients, providers and communities in which we serve. Our organization is growing rapidly and we have an excellent opportunity for a Systems Administrator in our Grand Rapids office.
Here’s more about what we’re looking for and what you’d be doing at GLHC:
The Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure at our 40-user organization and providing network design, configuration, testing, design and analysis. A well-qualified candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in IT/IS (or equivalent experience), Linux and Cisco certifications, and at least two years of Tier 2 or 3 desktop support and server administration. Experience in the health information exchange and informatics industry using Intersystems is preferred, as this role is responsible for resolving system issues that enable consistent communication between health care providers across the state.
- Use your analytical, investigative, and problem resolution skills to implement, install, upgrade, configure, monitor performance, troubleshoot issues, conduct research, test resolutions, and make recommendations for improvement in our Linux and Windows 2012/2016 environment.
- Use your Linux, VMWare, SAN, and Cisco USC infrastructure management experience to design, configure, maintain, patch and upgrade our physical and virtual servers and our server applications.
- Use your knowledge of HL7, information security and HIPAA to secure health information messages.
- Use your broad networking experience to implement and manage firewalls, vpn’s, routers, switches, load balancers, and WAN accelerators.
- Use your multi-tasking abilities to support a wide variety of hardware, software and ancillary equipment to maximize system performance, reliability and uptime including Active Directory, GPO’s, back up/recovery, LAN/WAN/VPN, mobile devices, A/V, phones, and much more.
- Use your strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize a large variety of tasks to complete projects on time.
- Use your attention to detail to contribute to the development of policies, procedures, and standards. Must be able to design and document network implementations. Recommend, research, and implement security measures to protect data and systems.
- Use your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build rapport and relationships with staff, vendors and clients alike. We’re looking for someone who employs a consultative and collaborative approach to service, training, solving problems and teamwork.
And here’s a bit about what we’re offering the right candidate:
- So often in IT you don’t get to interface with the end-user. Not here. You’ll have the opportunity to work not only with internal staff, but our clients as well to get them set up on our systems.
- The ability to improve the life of people in your community. You’ll have exposure to engaging and meaningful work in a cutting edge and impactful industry. You’ll be working to bring patients closer to their health care providers by creating technologies that enable more efficient communication across the state.
- The opportunity to work with a driven and dedicated team. We employ the best of the best and we are passionate about what we’ve built, and who we serve. This expertise and passion shows in the quality services we provide and the communities we serve.
- Opportunities to be involved and give back. We enjoy working together to serve those in need.
- Competitive compensation and an incredibly robust benefits package. Work-life balance and wellness initiatives help to guide our benefit offerings.
If this exciting role sounds like a perfect one for you, please confidentially apply online today. To learn more about the exciting things that GLHC is doing for healthcare across the state, visit us at http://gl-hc.org.