Homework Helper Coordinator (Part Time) Library - Martin County Government BoCC
- Job Title
- Homework Helper Coordinator (Part Time) Library - Martin County Government BoCC
- Job ID
- Stuart, FL 34996
- Other Location
- 2401 SE Monterey Road, Stuart, FL 34996
Homework Helper Coordinator (Library) Martin County BoCC
Martin County BoCC
Under the general direction of the Literacy Outreach & Education Manager and/or Library Branch Manager, the person in this position is responsible for coordinating and marketing Homework Helper programs and services. This includes overseeing the daily tasks of Homework Helper volunteer’s system-wide, coordinating schedules of the Homework Centers, and conducting outreach to underserved segments of the community. The Coordinator also builds partnerships in the community with other agencies and organizations in an effort to provide learning support to the students of Martin County. Additional work is performed in various library functions such as circulation, and general reference for children, parents and other library patrons. Maintains and organizes library materials according to established procedures, assists internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Note: The listed duties are illustrative only and are not intended to describe each and every function, which may be performed in the job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.)
- Implement and evaluate all aspects of the Homework Helper program at all branches of the Martin County Library System.
- Provide outreach to community children and families to attract new library users to Homework Helper programs.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with student-focused organizations in the community. Initiate joint projects with these organizations to promote the development of student learning.
- Promote library and Homework Help services throughout the community and conduct presentations to external agencies to familiarize them with the services and resources of the library.
- Establish and maintain a resource center for students, parents, caregivers, and teachers.
- With the Volunteer Coordinator, train and oversee the work of Homework Helper volunteers.
- Coordinate activities with other library staff working with students and families.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Knowledge of library principles, methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of student resources for all ages.
- Knowledge of community activities, interest, needs and resources.
- Knowledge of professional library principles, methods, materials, and practices.
- Knowledge of library reference materials and research techniques.
- Ability to work independently in a wide variety of situations.
- Knowledge of children’s and family resources.
- Able to utilize computer technology and software applications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with youth of all ages.
- Ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Able to work a schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1.Bachelor's degree with major coursework in English, Social Science, Computer Science, Humanities or related field plus core library courses or possession of an LTA (Library Technical Assistant A.S. degree)
2.Substantial knowledge of the community.
3.One year working experience in required area of responsibility.
A comparable amount of education, training, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications; library experience may substitute for degree on a year- for- year basis.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
Acceptable hearing (with or without correction)
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, and other related office equipment as necessary.
Ability to push loaded book carts, stand for lengthy periods of time, bend and reach to shelve materials.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works is performed primarily indoors.
Involves frequent interaction with people
Location: 2401 SE Monterey Road, Stuart, FL 34996
Placement Type: Part Time 20 hours per week;
Work Schedule: Within the days & hours of Monday - friday & 8am - 5pm
Rate of Pay: $14.01 per hour (Part Time)
Close Posting Date: 10/18/2017 – Posting may be removed before or after without notice.