As one of the largest and most successful Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in the country, Great Lakes Health Connect manages health information services for 129 hospitals, over 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care practice offices, and nearly all of Michigan residents. By providing the means in which health information is exchanged between patients and their caregivers, we pride ourselves on improving health outcomes and value for patients, providers and communities in which we serve. Our organization is growing rapidly and are adding a new Development Director role in our Grand Rapids office to lead the development initiatives for the organization and its subsidiaries.
Here’s what you’d be doing at GLHC:
The Development Director will design and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy able to sustain and strengthen Great Lakes Health Connect. This position works closely with the Executive Director to establish development operations and a multifaceted revenue stream from a variety of donor segments to achieve the organization’s short and long term fundraising goals. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside of the community.
Key duties include:
- Representing GLHC in the community as a key spokesperson and ambassador. Effectively communicating the benefits of GLHC’s solutions and services.
- Identifying new corporate giving strategies, delivery channels, and market segments and developing goals and campaigns to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Identifying, engaging, securing and cultivating key donor relationships with major gift prospects to include individual, corporate sponsorship and foundations.
- Annually evaluating fund development goals and assess donor recruitment, retention and recognition programs. Working with Executive Director to develop, analyze and forecast revenue for corporate giving.
- Managing and aggressively applying for restricted and unrestricted federal, state and private grants in varying amounts to achieve annual support.
- Managing the fund development program, including all operational activities such as record-keeping. Creates office systems to support and document all development projects and operations.
- Working with marketing department to develop an effective communication strategy to attract donors and crafting compelling copy and collateral that cultivates a call to action.
- Providing regular communication and encouragement to the organization on progress towards goals.
- Actively plans and participates in fundraising events and giving campaigns on behalf of GLHC. Serve as speaker and presenter to external audiences as necessary.
Here’s more about who we’re looking for:
- The Development Director must adhere to our core values of putting the mission first, respect, integrity, innovation, excellence and stewardship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of relevant work experience in fund development overseeing and executing major donor solicitation and cultivation, designing and planning fundraising programs, management of donor data, and overseeing detailed operations.
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of leadership, strategic and tactical planning,
- Entrepreneurial, results-oriented and independently-motivated with ability to effectively prioritize and manage projects and tasks. Being highly detailed and organized is critical.
- Highly engaging and poised with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and personalities. Flexible and adaptable interpersonal style.
- Excellent public presentation skills with proactive, persuasive, and professional verbal communication abilities. Excellent written communication skills.
- Technical proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems and the like.
Here’s a bit about what we’re offering the right candidate:
- The ability to improve the life of people in your community. You’ll have exposure to engaging and meaningful work in a cutting edge and high impact industry. You’ll be working to bring patients closer to their health care providers by delivering technologies that provide needed clinical information at the point of care and time of service.
- The opportunity to work with a driven and dedicated team, yet autonomously. We employ the best of the best and we are passionate about what we’ve built, and who we serve. This expertise and passion shows in the quality services we provide and the communities we serve.
- Opportunities to be involved and give back. We enjoy working together to serve those in need.
- Competitive compensation and an incredibly robust benefits package. Work-life balance and wellness initiatives help to guide our benefit offerings.
- 403(b) with 7% match. Yes, you read that right, SEVEN!
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Wellness Initiatives and Incentives
- Rich PTO package
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for non-profit fund development, leadership, health care, and technology, this may be the career move you’ve been looking for. We welcome you to confidentially apply online today. To learn more about the exciting things that GLHC is doing for healthcare across the state, visit us at http://gl-hc.org.