- Job Title
- General Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Other Location
HR Collaborative is partnering with a large, international organization to find a General Manager to lead their U.S. based operation. The General Manager will oversee and manage plant operations including production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving as well as work closely with the organization's executive leadership team.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with department managers to insure objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for TS16949 compliance.
- Responsible for overall P&L.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to the management team.
- Actively participate in sales activities.
- Strategic development of resources, organization and production equipment.
- Overall responsibility for profits, plans and budgets for facility.
- Manage capital asset maintenance.
- Work closely with internal team as well as suppliers and customers.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance and quality standards.
- Extensive leadership experience in a production based organization.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry (Tier 1 or Tier 2) is a must.
- Engineering background is strongly desired.
- Experience and knowledge of metal stamping and hybrid moulding within the automotive industry.
- Strong 5S and Lean background.
- Ability to delegate when appropriate but also gets hands on when needed to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills.