Senior Manager, National Chapter Relations
- Job Title
- Senior Manager, National Chapter Relations
- Job ID
- Dallas, TX
- Other Location
Senior Manager, National Chapter Relations
National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) – Dallas, TX
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a positive attitude and adaptable personality, and are looking to join a growing organization, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!!
The National Chapter Relations Senior Manager provides guidance to chapters through planning, decision-making, and process improvement, while fostering a focus on the quality of chapter efforts. The position is responsible for working with local chapters of the national organization to ensure mission delivery in a consistent manner and at the highest level. The department also serves as a liaison between the chapters and NOCC’s leadership and back office team. By collaborating with other departments, Chapter Relations determines the development of, and priority order of program, event, and initiative actions to manage the growth and development of the organization strategically. The Senior Manager clearly communicates this direction to chapter staff and volunteers, as well as other stakeholders where appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Revise and implement multi-tiered chapter structure for new, volunteer, and staff chapters.
- Facilitate professional skills development for Chapter Relations staff and volunteers to foster growth, and bridge learning gaps experienced within work plan deliverables. Work with field staff to identify their professional goals, and facilitate professional development opportunities when and where appropriate.
- Support the NOCC Organizational Tenets
- Fulfill NOCC’s mission to support the ovarian cancer community
- Expand/grow resources to provide NOCC constituents/stakeholders
- Grow Revenue
- Manage Costs
- Enhance customer service experience
- Improve systems
- Supervises employee(s) and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide support to chapters as necessary for program-related initiatives work in conjunction with the Marketing/Communication, Development and Events Departments.
- Support internal communications between staff & volunteers.
- Strengthen NOCC's internal communication by utilizing and encouraging the use of systems created to facilitate information sharing, among staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate best practice and integration between and amongst chapter leaders
- Develop and implement a volunteer leadership model to encourage multi-level involvement in chapter programs and events and diversify volunteer resources across appropriate demographics and outlying geographical reach
- Administration duties include
- Payroll/time sheet/ reporting responsibilities
- Expense Reports
- Resource requests
- Administration of annual review process for Chapter Managers, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree required (Masters preferred) in non-profit management, business or related field applicable field with 7+ years of related program and branch/Chapter leadership experience
- 3+ years of directly leading branch or chapter staff and working with volunteers
- Program management development and implementation experience
- Revenue development experience; expense management experience
- Relationship cultivation experience
- Ability to create, monitor and reforecast a budget
- Ability to provide and manage structure within an organization setting
- Full Professional Proficiency in MS Office applications, email, web-based applications and ability to learn and use NOCC databases and other organization-specific software/applications
- Full Professional Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google+, and database software is desirable.
We offer benefits to our employees including a competitive compensation, dependent on experience, in addition to:
- Health & Dental & Vision benefits
- 20+ Days Paid time off
- Generous Holidays Calendar
- Employee Assistance Program through Optum Care 24