- Job Title
- Communications Coordinator
- Job ID
- ARVADA, CO 80002-3952
- Other Location
Since 1975, Community First Foundation has been helping generous donors and innovative nonprofits come together to improve the quality of life and create positive change in Jefferson County, the Denver metropolitan area and beyond. We serve as a connector, partner, collaborator and resource to fuel the power of community for the greater good. We are proud to use our energy, leadership and trusted stewardship of financial resources to energize giving across our state, strengthen nonprofits, support donors and find new ways to address community needs. For more information, visit CommunityFirstFoundation.org.
The Communications Coordinator works with the Director of Strategic Communications and Senior Communications Specialist to support the activities of the communications department. The Coordinator is expected to understand and apply the Foundation’s brand messaging, graphic standards and mission in all visual, print and verbal communications. Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinates the Foundation’s special events, ensuring brand identity and messaging is reflected in all events.
- Coordinates community events for the Foundation’s grantmaking program. This includes developing a marketing strategy, designing event agenda, organizing speakers and participants, coordinating invitations, managing media relations, assigning staff roles, and managing costs.
- Develops newsletters through email-marketing tool to deliver on strategic goals. Edits newsletters. Designs and drafts templates, invitations and other emails, as needed.
- Tracks analytics, implements improvements and develops content for the donor and nonprofit partner portal.
- Supports the director of strategic communications with media relations. Assists with press releases, mailing lists and other duties as needed.
- Assists with promotion of open grant opportunities.
- Produces the annual report and other promotional materials, as assigned. This includes conceptualizing, developing content, designing, printing and distributing. Works directly with design consultants and manages costs.
- Develops annual blog topic schedule that coincides with ColoradoGives promotions and activities. Writes blog articles or assigns to staff as appropriate. Posts on blog page and facilitates posting on Facebook and ColoradoGives newsletter.
- Helps implement media relations strategies or Colorado Gives Day. Coordinates and creates marketing, promotional and advertising materials for Colorado Gives Day.
- Contributes to the development of the Foundation’s website, plans and develops content, and makes updates. Helps ensure key projects; content and news are added to the sites.
- Contributes to communications strategy and content development for the ColoradoGives.org website.
- Coordinates and drafts nonprofit, donor and grant profiles for website, collateral, and other uses.
- Ensures implementation of social media strategy. Writes content for Foundation and ColoradoGives Facebook and Twitter posts, as needed. Stays abreast of social media trends and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Directs video projects for various Foundation programs.
- Assist with special projects and other duties beyond those described above, as needed.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of production, design and printing processes.
- Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; Basic skills in Excel.
- Skilled with manipulating images in Photoshop.
- Understanding of basic design principles.
- Experience with social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Marketing, English, Public Relations or Journalism preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced problem solving skills and abilities.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Ability to independently organize work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate effective communication and responsive to customers/clients.
- Takes personal responsibility for results.
- Works well in a team environment and committed to shared success.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Skilled in proofreading, editing, composing, rewriting and reformatting.
- Excellent grammar skills.
- Works well in a team environment and is committed to shared success.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Support Community First Foundation’s Vision and Mission.
- Maintain confidentiality of all business/work information.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed the reasonable expectations of all constituents and coworkers as defined and communicated by the Foundation.
- Demonstrate the ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Accept responsibility for continuous quality improvement and cost management.
- Remain flexible in all aspects of work-related actions.
- Promote and adhere to all Foundation policies and practices.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Professional office environment
- Physical demands may involve lifting materials and equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Workload may be stressful due to deadlines and changing priorities.
- May be high-pressured depending on demands.
- We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and pension plan. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the Foundation. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Community First Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer