Integration Support Analyst
As one of the largest and most successful Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) in the country, Great Lakes Health Connect manages health information services for 128 hospitals, over 4,000 primary, specialty, and allied care practice offices, and more than half of all Michigan residents. By providing the means in which health information is exchanged between patients and their caregivers, we pride ourselves on improving health outcomes and value for patients, providers and communities in which we serve.
Our organization is growing rapidly and we have an excellent opportunity in Grand Rapids, MI for an Integration Support Analyst to join our team.
Here’s a bit about the role and its requirements:
With a focus in application development, the Integration Support Analyst will assist in the expansion of patient data delivery to healthcare stakeholders utilizing HIE and integration technology tools. The role is responsible for analyzing client data transfer requirements, and developing an integration solution to successfully transmit healthcare data to the community health record, the State of Michigan, payers, and more.
- With a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field (applicable work experience may substitute for the degree) and previous exposure to health care technology industry, you’ll enjoy monitoring, investigating and troubleshooting challenges in the integration environment.
- You’ll use your previous database and application development experience to analyze, design, code, test, and maintain scripts for performance metrics reporting to ensure that it has met client expectations and project specifications.
- Ideally, you’ll have basic knowledge of HIE solutions using SQL and HL7 and maybe even experience with EMR/HIE deployment and development. Having a basic familiarity with web services such as XML, REST, SOAP, JSON, etc. is a plus.
- You’ll use your strong communication skills to collaborate with healthcare providers, system administrators, non-technical partners and software developers. You’ll provide escalated support of client issues, including but not limited to message searches, and connectivity issues.
- You’re curious and analytical with a passion for digging into the root cause and end goal of each task. You approach problems creatively.
- You’re able to adapt quickly to changing priorities while still focusing on project deadlines. You are driven by a fast-paced culture.
Here’s a bit about what we’re offering the right candidate:
- The ability to improve the life of people in your community. You’ll have exposure to engaging and meaningful work in a cutting edge and high impact industry. You’ll be working to bring patients closer to their health care providers by delivering technologies that provide needed clinical information at the point of care and time of service.
- The opportunity to work with a driven and dedicated team, yet autonomously. We employ the best of the best and we are passionate about what we’ve built, and who we serve. This expertise and passion shows in the quality services we provide and the communities we serve.
- Opportunities to be involved and give back. We enjoy working together to serve those in need.
- Competitive compensation and an incredibly robust benefits package. Work-life balance and wellness initiatives help to guide our benefit offerings.
- 403(b) with 7% match. Yes, you read that right, SEVEN!
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Wellness Initiatives and Incentives
- Rich PTO package
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for health care, application development, in depth systems analysis and reporting, this may be the career move you’ve been looking for. We welcome you to confidentially apply online today. To learn more about the exciting things that GLHC is doing for healthcare across the state, visit us at http://gl-hc.org.