Donor Relationship Specialist
- Job Title
- Donor Relationship Specialist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20036
- Other Location
- DC Metro– work from home
Passionate about non-profit and ovarian cancer awareness?
If so, we need to talk!!
Since its inception in 1991, the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC) has been committed to raising awareness of ovarian cancer in communities across the country and to providing education, support and hope for women with ovarian cancer and their families. NOCC has established itself as an important national advocate for patients and families struggling with ovarian cancer.
Donor Relationship Specialist – Washington, D.C. Metro
Are you great at creating new opportunities? Can you deliver insight, direction and measurable results? Do you know how to reach the community and its volunteers at just the right time to ensure we become part of the conversation? If so, we are looking for you to join our team!!
As our Donor Relationship Specialist, we will rely on you to support the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition (NOCC), by increasing community engagement with the general public, healthcare and corporate communities, survivors, caregivers, loved ones and chapter volunteers. We will rely on you to build strong relationships and promote nationwide signature programs/initiatives that will achieve maximum growth and market penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment. You will be a leader who manages the necessary activities to expand the chapter’s efforts and recognize the importance of women’s health and those affected by ovarian cancer.
- May directly supervise employee(s) and/or contractors; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; accountabilities include training employees; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current clientele and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organizations signature programs and initiatives.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective constituents.
- Researches sources for developing prospective partners for information to determine their potential interest in the organization as a volunteer, donor, sponsor, survivor, team fundraiser, etc.
- Coordinates efforts with NOCC’s Chapter/Programs, Advancement, Development & Events, Finance & Accounting, and the Marketing & Communications team members.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers to the organization.
- Creates and manages clientele profiles, and identifies share and value opportunities for prospective customers.
- Plans and organizes personal marketing strategy by maximizing the Return of Investment (ROI) for the territory/segment.
- Participates in local tradeshows, conventions, health fairs, and/or other venues to increase awareness about ovarian cancer, and to provide opportunities to raise funds for the cause.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records/data to evaluate cost-effectiveness, profitability, and return of investment (ROI) with NOCC programs/initiatives; prepares income/expense budgets, compilation/analysis of event fundraising statistics, and tracks program/initiative outreach efforts.
- Provides leadership to volunteer committees to ensure that volunteer members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events and program activities. Recognizes, rewards, and motivates successful volunteers to ensure ongoing commitment.
- Recruits, orientates, and trains volunteers to help the chapter reach all programmatic and/or initiative work plan goals within the territory/market segment.
- Manages events that meet and exceed fundraising goals; develops a successful work plan using the organization’s core business tactics to reach this goal.
- Collaborates with media to secure media sponsorship and publicizes mission/events to reach fundraising goals and expand public awareness for the NOCC’s brand.
- Develops and maintains work plan compliance and demonstrated continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility.
- Updates and composes online content for the Chapter’s webpage, Facebook, Twitter, Event site, and/or other chapter marketing materials etc.
- Manages client profile data, which includes gathering, updating, and reporting trends, and identifying gaps and/or changes with their engagement levels.
- Builds and maintains reasonable understanding and base knowledge of Ovarian Cancer science and related current issues affecting the Ovarian Cancer community.
- Supports and attends organizations National Conference, staff retreats, and trainings. Manages local revenue and expenses and keeps accurate transaction records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College graduate with 5+ years of documented professional experience in fundraising/sales.
- 3+ years’ experience working with volunteers.
- Program management and income development experience.
- Strong revenue development experience required.
- Relationship cultivation experience preferred.
- Ability to create, monitor and reforecast a budget when necessary.
- Ability to solicit, cultivate and close donor relations.
- Full professional proficiency in the following:
- MS Office applications and email.
- Web-based applications and ability to learn and use NOCC databases and other organization-specific software/applications.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google+, and database software is desirable.
- Must be able to travel out of state, stay overnight, when applicable.
We offer unprecedented benefits to our full-time employees, including competitive compensation, dependent on experience, in addition to:
- Medical benefits.
- Paid time off.
- Employee Assistance Program through Optum Care 24.
- 21 days of PTO available for full-time employees.
- In addition we observe 10 holidays!
We also work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.